no cod at hartlepool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cod at hartlepool

i have been fishing between hartlepool and skinninggrove about 8 times in the past 3 weeks and not caught a cod.we fished wrecks rough ground and nothing but mackrel and the odd pollack on the boat.this time last year we where catchin 40+ cod every trip.we r out again at the weekend 2 try again .god loves a tryer.we r just wondering where have all the cod gone??

Planning to go that way myself tomorrow. We\'ll see.

Comment

What time you heading down Phil ?
      We should be heading out of the lock about 07.00 am

Comment

We\'ll be later than that - around 8:30-9. We\'ll keep a look out for you. I\'ll try to remember to listen on 6.

Comment

Was out of Hartlepool yesterday Sat 16th.
          Only got one small cod between the two of us.
          Hope the rest of you did better

Comment

No point it going to Harplepool for a few weeks unless you head well south are well north as a neting boat we seen told us he had netted 10 out of 12 wrecks just of Harlepool mouth.

Well we never took his word for it at first but owww yer he had done, everyone as well.We left a wreck about 12 miles out and as soon as we did he was there dropping his nets. He must have netted just about everything from 20miles out and 5 miles up and down from the pool.

Comment

Sounds about right Richy , Just as I get my plotter all the wrecks get cleaned out before I get a chance to have a go

I entered a few co ordinates into the plotter for some wrecks and had a go at finding them, its not as easy as it sounds marking them out , I had the boat going round and round in circles , started to get the hang of it in the end though. (maybe)

Comment

As Rich said , the netter had spent all day netting the wrecks in the Hartlepool approaches

Cod , what I do is approach the wreck and soon as it appears on screen , mark it on plotter and once again as you just leave it . It gives a rough shape on the plotter and enables you to take it in chunks per drift .

Comment

cheers for the info lads.

Comment

Went down to Skinningrove yesterday - 6 small cod between the 2 of us. Put 2 back as we had enough for ourselves.

Comment

Skinningrove..thats where the netter boats came from, they had it on the back if you sea them pull there corks out

Comment

Dead right about the Skinny weck, not just netted but boxed, only consolation is that if he hauls with the ebb running he wont be using that net again. it was practically touching the inside edge. Did manage to find Cod and Pollack and Ling on rough ground though so Flamer 2 had a happy party of anglers on Sunday.

Jason what about the festival trip?

Fished during last week with an angler who had just come back from a Norway trip, when he saw my 5 pound codling he said it was as big if not bigger than anything they had in 4 days fishiing, so it is not just this side of the pond that big fish are scarce.

Comment

Working...
                        X