MIDWEEK TRIP OUT - GREAT DAY HAD BY ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDWEEK TRIP OUT - GREAT DAY HAD BY ALL

Well after a bit of an iffy start weather wise.......sea was so rough, it was doubtful we\'d reach dinner time before having to run for home......it all changed pretty quickly: wind died down, sea flattened off, it stopped raining, sun came out and the fish started to show some interest.

Plenty of mackeral about...........I don\'t think anybody blanked on the boat today.

Wasn\'t a great deal on the wrecks (other than mackeral), so Andy took us to the hard ground juat off Blyth.
    Codling started to show and RobAdair got a ling from the ground, using a pirk.

Seen the 1st of the Tall Ships ariving......it anchored just off the piers.......what a sight to see, close up

Anyway..........we all had a great day and Andy really tried hard to get us into some fish........determination paid off......as I said earlier, I don\'t think ANYBODY blanked today........CRIKEY.....Even I had a couple of codling and around 10 mackeral.........lol

Great news TC , glad you made it out and also glad the fish showed ...
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Got some pix to post when I get round to it

Comment

and the wife got two cod

Comment

Nice one lads, I nearly rang you last night Tony to ask for the last place, but our lass decided I should keep the rest of MY holidays to spend with the family.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Pity, Keith.......you would\'ve enjoyed it, m8.

Comment

nice one lads and lass. Hope to get out soon once work eases off.
              give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Pleased it went ok for you all

Comment

Thanks for another great day out, I met more new people (to me) and had a great time apart from feeling queasy all day but didn\'t see huey thanks to Lynnettes kindness and well done to Rob on getting his first Ling of about 8lb to get a Ling out of that sea today was good going as the swells sometimes rose to 6ft.
                  All I got was Mackerel, Whiting and a small Scotchie and I tried everything I knew to get that Cod!
                  Thanks again for a great trip and especially to TC for thinking of me, I was really touched by the phone call even if I was doon the line a bit. Cheers m8
                  I treat others as I expect to be treated myself and expect to be treated the same way!

Comment

Credit to Mr Toward and Talisman for sticking it out. I honestly thought the sea, wind and rain would have us heading for the piers around midday. I found it hard to believe that this afternoon was in the same day as this morning.

TC, you\'re right mate; nobody blanked and we had a good time in spite of the ellements against us in the earlier hours.

I had a quiet spell in the last hour but pulled up a rather p***ed off octopus on the last drop and sent him back to the depths. Does anyone know how to cook and serve them in lime or lemon sauce like the Spanish and Greeks?? Incidently, he had a small crab stuck on him and I\'d be interested to know if the crab was was nipping away at him or did I interupt him in the middle of \'his\' dinner??
                    Regards, Graham

Comment

Does anyone know how to cook ....
                      tentacles in small pieces either Very quickly 1-2 mins max or very slowly 2-3hours anything in between will resemble chewing on a car tyre
                      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Oh Aye........forgot about the Octopus

Comment

Glad it went well for you. Tony if you ever get booked up on the JFK for a mid week trip count me in mate.

Comment

Thanx, the next one (iff) may not be so lucky!!
                            Regards, Graham

Comment

We had 2 on the JFK last year, Richy.
                              You never know.......I might get round to arranging another one this Summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X