Big tide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big tide

I\'m fishin\' on Talisman again this Saturday (23 July) with some mates from work who I\'m trying 2 get interested in our fav. noble sport. When I booked I didn\'t look at the tide and I\'ve got them fishing on a biggy!! If anyone\'s got any good hints, tips or tricks that may be useful I\'d be very grateful, or I may be swimming back lol
    Regards, Graham

Hope that there\'s a strong wind blowing in the opposite direction to the tide, Graham

Comment

God hates me and will never make that happen. I think the way forward is to invest in a good flotation suit!
      Regards, Graham

Comment

But ya never know, fishin\' off our coast is like supporting \"the toon\".
        Regards, Graham

Comment

Lol Graham........you\'ll be alright, man.
          Over the years, I\'ve organised 3 boat fishing trips for some of my workmates and their sons....... kind of \"Dads & Lads\" events.
          None of the trips out were particularly successful (fishwise) - infact I think 2 of the trips seen the whole boat blank.
          Yeah, some got a bit disillusioned......but they were the \"I want it NOW\" brigade. The rest......they still have a keen interest......they are the ones who REALLY want to learn about fishing.

I\'d still take a pair of flippers and a snorkel though..........just to be on the safe side.........lol

Comment

Pirks and lures when the tide is ripping, baited rigs when the tide is slack (turn of tide) if your able, flick your lead in the same direction as the tide so that when it hits the bottom you should be abit more up and down.

Good luck anywhy

Comment

Hahaha, Graham as Tony said just enjoy it mate. It can be a bit daunting organising something and hoping it turns out ok but 99 times out of 100 it is fine.

P.S.
              You look about my size if you want to borrow my floatation suit lol.

Jim.
              Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Thanx lads I\'m very grateful. The trip is doubtful now because two others have dropped out along with my mate who\'s in the Freeman recovering from heart valve replacement surgery he had on Tuesday. I\'ve phoned Andy Toward and he\'s gonna have a ring round so if anybody\'s intrested Andy\'s contact number is in the \"Charter Boats\" section - under \"Tyne\"

[Edited on 21/7/2005 by TC]
                Regards, Graham

Comment

Working...
                X