Uk wreck over view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk wreck over view

Bored at work so spent an hour looking over wreck catch reports from all over England and Scotland. Most have the same result....i.e not as good as they should be for this time of year but lots of small stuff about and whiting with mackerel shaols hard to come by. Scotland reports lots of pollack upto 6lb.

Looks like the North east is not the only set of ports finding it hard this year. Still at least we have had a good spell of weather and there is alot of 2-3lb cod on the wrecks this year.

I heard the Big Woppa Fish are on their way and should be with us in the next week or so :P

Comment

Harlepool reported a 22lb ling and there was a cod of 15lb from up North. From my records this time last year seen lots of ling but i never caught many cod, so far its lots of cod (3-4lb) and odd ling lol.

Best reports off the inshore wrecks and rough ground.

Comment

Been lots of small cod 2-7 lb for me so far aswell and no ling yet.

Might have been dreaming about the Big Fish on their way but it would be nice

Comment

Just wait..big ling soon..i hope.Well i better get back to work lol

Comment

Last Friday teatime I had 8 ling to 10lb and a codling of 5lb, me dad a ling of 13lb and between the other four on the boat , three double cod up to 13lb, half a dozen codling between 4 and 6lb and plenty more ling up to the 10lb mark. These were all taken over wrecks out of Staithes and for me, mackerel baited pink jumbo hokkais caught the ling, with the codling taking a red/mirror Fishtek pirk. Maybe we were lucky?

Comment

Good going Uggy
              Is Staithes down by Skinningrove by the way ?

Comment

It is indeed, just South of the Grove by a few mile. Apparently a few Hartlepool boats been over that way and not done so good.

Comment

I , me included.

Comment

Not been down that far yet, infact this year we have only found a couple of wrecks that have produced around Hartlepool way.

Comment

i was talking to dave last night (off the famous h,pool) he told me they had a 26lb ling onboard last week

Comment

Not sure where he is going for them, must be south of the pool since alot of the wrecks..well most just off the pool had box nets on.

Comment

Rich
                          A lot of the ling down here come off rough ground so may not have been a wreck. Next time I am up I will show you on the plotter the areas to fish for good ling.
                          Jason
                          give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

if you have the long n lat just send me a pm and ill mark it on the paper charts for next time.

Comment

I\'ve heard tell of a dead handsome bloke catching a 9.5 lber the other week lol
                              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
                              X