Porbeagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porbeagle

Just got the low down on the Whitby Boat festival, during the event a porbaegle was spotted cruising by one of the boats, an angler cast out a mackerel to it which it gladly swallowed unfortunately after a twenty minute battle it broke free. Another unusual fish was the catch of a 34lb halibut, unfortunately the boat that it as taken on was not entered into the competition, it would have easily won.
    Alan

Was it a good size Porbeagle Alan?
    Davy

Comment

belive so Davy, have e mailed the skipper he might give me more details
      Alan

Comment

In a way, I\'m pleased it wasn\'t landed. They shouldn\'t be seen hanging up on a quay.
        Davy

Comment

So the story is be on the look out for a shark with mono and a big hook hanging out its mouth lol.

Comment

have a feeling it could well of just chewed the hook to bits and spat it out after it finished the mackerel, chances are that anybody had a hook big enough to hook it properly with them is doubtful. The biggest i ever had was a 10/0.
            Alan

Comment

No worries about hanging it up on the quay, I spoke to Richard, the skipper of Shytorque, the day after and he said he wouldn\'t have landed it, competition or no competition. Size wise he reckoned it was about 5 foot long so would have been about 150 pounds.

Comment

only a baby then at that size

uk record is 507lb here
                Paula
                www.tugmistress.co.uk
                webcam, weather station and interesting cr*p

Comment

Working...
                X