Windy Summer 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Summer 2017

Is it just me that feeling this summer weather so disappointing? Three trips I booked were cancelled already since July. This weekend is forecasted another gale force wind! My hope is that we will have a good late summer weather in September. Has anybody managed to get out much?

plenty out of the tyne mate getting fish on wrecks

Comment

The Kelsey Leigh charter boat out of Royal Quays uses a drogue parachute anchor which slows the boat down in the wind. He will fish the ground on windy days and has a good success rate with this method.

Comment

Originally posted by GARYGERNARD View Post
        plenty out of the tyne mate getting fish on wrecks
        Gary, good to know that boats still managed to go out, maybe it's just my poor luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggon View Post
          The Kelsey Leigh charter boat out of Royal Quays uses a drogue parachute anchor which slows the boat down in the wind. He will fish the ground on windy days and has a good success rate with this method.
          Very interesting idea to slow the drift mate, the two trips that I went out this year were too fast drifting due to strong wind. Will have to give it a try on this boat.

Comment

I am on my 27th trip of 2017 on my own boat but yes it has been a very windy year again as 2016 was the same.

They cant predict a day ahead but the forecasters saying it is due to the pressure band holding the jet stream over the UK now during our summer months...The Uk in 207 is now officially the windiest country in Europe.

I wont fish rough ground for more than 1hr as get bored but the wrecks have been a real challenge to fish this year due to drift speed.

Me like most will be hoping for an "indian summer" that lasts until November.
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb