Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway nearly here

Not long now and the team are getting excited

Aside from the lads who've shore fished a lot this is the first time on the boats...

Quick question:

How many boat leads should we take for 4 anglers?

I'm assuming that given the depth losing end tackle through snags is rare?

All help/guidance appreciated
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post

Aside from the lads who've shore fished a lot this is the first time on the boats...

Quick question:

Tony, A mate of mine has just got back where you are going, his second trip, and when he goes next year, he said he will not take as many lures, but more rubber lure tails, as they get chewed up, but he will take more leads as they ended up running short fishing for hallibut. Have a good trip, and will be looking foreward to your report.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Quick question:

Tony
      don't forget to keep me up to date with your catches and plenty photos
      Alan

Comment

In 4 years of fishing Norway I have lost a total of 5 leads and 2 pirks.

I would take 5 leads each and 4 pirks. Guess it depends what methods you are using, I liked large shad fishing sometimes with a lead assist but alot of the time no lead required.

A lot of the time your not fishing the bottom anyway as unlike UK the fish are feeding high in the water due to the herring n coalie feed there.

Good luck like all types of fishing from boats its all down to the weather but for your first visit it will be a week of PB's I would think, halibut, haddock, coalie, cod, torsk and cod to name a few.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Replies.

got to admit,some great replies.
          got to be very helpfull.nice 1 the 2 of yous.
          dont go boat fishing myself,but would be well pleased with that information..

Comment

Quick question:

were exactly you going tony and what you going to mainly target
            cod or halibut
            FISHING

Comment

Cheers Chaps!!

Saltstraumen Brygge Allan - targeting anything that goes but would like a Halibut in particular

Prob got way too much gear but I'm excited
              Attached Files
              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

Tony, sorry we missed you this Summer, but circumstances conspired against us. Lynn and I have taken a major decision, due to the poor weather and equally poor fishing the last two years. We have decided to forego out fortnight's holiday in the North East the next two years and have booked a trip in August 2020 to Havoysund to target mainly Halibut. Looks amazing! We will still have 3 or 4 days in the North East the next two years, but need to save up for Norway.

We will be really interested to read of your exploits in Norway. Good luck on your trip mate.
                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

better of asking spiersy tony m8, look forward to the catch/trip report.

Comment

Fly on Monday
                    Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Good luck guy's, I've just returned from Norway and I wish I was back there. June 2018 is our next trip and it can't come soon enough, it's not just about the fishing, it's the whole package, eagles, reindeer and at this time of the year you'll most likely experience the Northern Lights.

Comment

Quick question:

It is so easy to lose leads if ya not carefull once you hit the bottom start winding back straight away and dont stop till you are back up to the boat the fish are at every level you will not lose a single lead this way the shads we use are bloodhead joeys kiddy minnows the green ones are deadly also mega vibes and a few cutbaits i wouldnt use hokkais or daylights unless its only to catch small coleys for dead baiting the halibut are in very shallow water this time of the year good luck mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X