Police Sport UK National Boat Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Sport UK National Boat Championship

The 35th National Boat Championships were hosted by Northumbria Police on Saturday 13th August from the Tyne and Seahouses.

This is a four man team event with 2 competitors from each venue and neither drawn on the same boat.

Winner of each boat scores 1 point, second 2 points and so on with lowest aggregate score winning.

Fishing is on a points basis, different species awarded specified points to size and bonus of one point for each full cm over.

Individual winner is competitor with highest individual points total.

On the day there was some good fishing with Seahouses producing a good number of cod to around the 6lb mark as well as wrasse, pouting and the odd pollack. Tyne boats however produced fewer cod but greater numbers of whiting and ling.

Team Result:

1. Dorset 8 points
    2. Kent 9 points
    3. Police Service of N.Ireland A 12 points

Individual Scores

1. Tony Gill - Lincolnshire - 798 points
    2. Med Jones - Gloucester - 773 points
    3. John Brady - Northumbria B - 735 points
    All on \'Wavecrest\'

longest fish - Ling 88cm - Dave Mann, Dorset

Individual Boat Winners

Bright Horizons - Alan Benson - PSNI A - 339 pts
    Delta Barbara - Ray Archbold - Northumbria A - 419 pts
    Diablo - Ray Lafferty - PSNI B - 272 pts
    Glad Tidings - Dave Mann - Dorset 295 pts
    Guide Me - Mick Todd - Northumbria A - 598 pts
    Madonna - Mark Dennis - Kent - 267 pts
    Ocean Maid - Paul Dean - Kent - 346 pts
    On A Promise - D Cole - South Wales - 382 pts
    Sarah JFK - L Bell - Lothian & Borders B - 196 pts
    Spellbinder - Steve Allen - Norfolk - 545 pts
    Tallisman - Steve Ellis - South Yorkshire - 598 pts
    Unity - Roger Symonds - West Midlands - 463 pts
    Upholder - George Bell - Central Scotland - 574 pts
    Wavecrest - Tony Gill - Lincolnshire - 798 pts

Northumbria A consisting of Fred Douglas, Jack Johnson, Ray Archbold and Mick Todd came in a creditable 5th which included good boat wins for Ray and Mick

Good report mate. I was on the Sarah JFK.

I did quite well on the Friday, fishing the wrecks off the Tyne with cod to over 9lb.
    The Saturday was completely different, we went straight to the wrecks, but the wind was quite strong, and we drifted over the wrecks too fast. We ended up on the rough ground off Church point, catching codling to about 4lb, whities and tonnes of coalies (mainly undersize).
    The only good thing for us that day was that we missed the thunder storm.....apparently it chucked it down.

Comment

There was plenty wet gear on the bus back from Seahouses, it stunk the next morning and had to have the windows down.

Hope you enjoyed it, do you fish the shore as it\'s back here in two years time. Got to say that I keep my feet on dry land and the only rocking about I got was sliding the Transit on a roundabout.

Comment

Dolly passed you lot when the boats where tied up at the Royal.q, we never lasted long that day...it was number about the 7th trip out this eyar that was a out the piers and back in job.Not worth the time an money this year due to the weather.

India summer fingers crossed.

Comment

I know what you mean Richy, pretty wet and stinking day. Don\'t do boats at the best of times that\'s why I was bus driver and odd job man for the day. There would have been a shore match on the rivers if it had been too bad to go out which a couple of us had as back- up.

A good days fishing nonetheless bearing in mind we took it on late as another force had to pull out as hosts. Usually they start planning around 2 years in advance, most of the time you know your dates, venues and planned accomodation etc for the following year at this years presentation.

Comment

Working...
          X