Slinky Kate - 2018, new technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate - 2018, new technology

Team Slinky have been quiet on the forum of late...partially I think because of how we, as fishermen, are writing our reports and interacting through social media.

It take a lot of effort to write a decent report and the upload photos etc - whereas Facebook is instant and can be done using mobile phones!

So, anywho, I’m writing this blurb on the iPad and using Tapatalk to see how it goes...it’s kind of the same but different but at the same time I’m not having to fire up the chunky laptop, upload my pics to photobucket etc etc

But have Team Slinky been quiet? On the fishing front yes I suppose we have - last year I can count our trips on less than two hands...variety of other priorities and rubbish weather kept Norm and I off the water...but for me, life with an almost 3 year old daughter is never quiet and Norman has been churning moulds out like nobodies business 👍

Getting back on topic - technology is improving every day...not least the gadgets to help us get fishing!

Slinky Kate has been upgraded to the 21st century with a new plotter/sounder combo in the form of a Garmin Echomap 95sv

WOW - what a piece of equipment!

We had a play with it on the water yesterday and it doesn’t disappoint...huge touch screen and more options than we know what to do with. One thing for sure it’s reinvigorated our energy to get back on the water and try it out in anger - hopefully catch some fish too!

We will no doubt be boring you all with updates throughout the season!

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Nice bit of kit Tony, look forward to future report's, regardless of how you get them on here.

Comment

Great to see a Slinky report again and do fully appreciate the time it takes and with competing priorities, but for those of us who are not on facebook it really is appreciated. We purchased the Garmin echoe 75sv which is also a really great piece of kit we just need to figure out how to use it Hopefully we will be able to post a report or two this coming season. Once again thanks for the Slinky report

Comment

Transducer

Looks good, considering the 75 or 95 myself but wondering what transducer to fit. What did you go for?

My fishing is mainly out of Amble and thanks to my mate Ray who gave me some of your Slinky shads I've teased out some nice cod and pollack up here.

Cheers, John

Comment

Originally posted by jodou View Post
          Looks good, considering the 75 or 95 myself but wondering what transducer to fit. What did you go for?

My fishing is mainly out of Amble and thanks to my mate Ray who gave me some of your Slinky shads I've teased out some nice cod and pollack up here.

Cheers, John

Got the DownVu and SideVu all in one transducer mate - supposed to be hull mounted but shoots through the hull with very little deterioration 👍

Glad to hear you’re catching on the shads too!

😁👍
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by codhw View Post
            Great to see a Slinky report again and do fully appreciate the time it takes and with competing priorities, but for those of us who are not on facebook it really is appreciated. We purchased the Garmin echoe 75sv which is also a really great piece of kit we just need to figure out how to use it Hopefully we will be able to post a report or two this coming season. Once again thanks for the Slinky report

I don’t use Facebook for the fishing reports either - so no Slinky reports anywhere! 😢

Finding this app quite easy to use actually so things are looking up!
            Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Great to see the fabled Slinky boys back in the Nesa report fold - we have missed you. Hopefully, after last year's disasters, we will catch up with you Norman this summer Tony.

Mark/Lynn
              2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

I cant wait for affordable 3D plotters.

Comment

Just for reference the last picture tony posted of the chirp down view was coming through the lock, the step as seen in the picture is as it is seen when lock repairs are being done .... excellent view and perfect in every detail

cheers

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                    Great to see the fabled Slinky boys back in the Nesa report fold - we have missed you. Hopefully, after last year's disasters, we will catch up with you Norman this summer Tony.

Mark/Lynn
                    and you even have your own button on the sounder too.... Is that to show you where your own fish are 😂

Comment

Working...
                    X