Dead or alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead or alive

Wow!, A weekend of flat seas, and not a single report from anyone. I know its a bit of an effort after being out, then filleting , cleaning the boat etc; assuming there fish about to be filleted. So, are there any fish out there?................anyone ...............hello
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

dead or alive

Hi arthur i don"t bother putting catch reports on anymore because you get hundreds of views and only a few comments.i was out from friars goose on sunday 03/06/18.There was loads of boats around the can area where i fished.i dropped my first line at 8.30 and had a box full at 10.30.so started filleting them then headed back in.
    Attached Files

Comment

just to let you know.i use my wifes account as i car,nt get in to mine.

Comment

Just as well i read yoursecond post as well, otherwise, i might have said, thanks pet. Lol.
        Cheers mate, thanks for heads up. Good box of nice fresh fish.)
        Last edited by canman; 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you still posting Walter. A nice box of fish mate, keep it up!
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I think most of us are experiencing the same at the moment: Looooaaads of smallish cod all over the place....most in the 1-3lb bracket with the odd bigger one. mackerels are around but extremely sporadic...nothing for long times and then suddenly you catch full houses with nice large mackies.

The wrecks are also very on/off. Some are totally dead and some hold huge amounts of cod, slightly larger than the ones on the grounds. The odd ling takes fresh mackerel on the wreck...a nice break of routine to all the cod catching.

At the moment it seems pretty normal for a small boat with 2 anglers to catch 20-50 keeper cod in a 4 hour session and an additional 5-50 mackerels (depending on your end tackle----fish with daylights and you get more of course)

Comment

For you Arthur

Comment

Lol, Thanks Davy, lol. Good to see you're still in the zone. .
                Cheers lads for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by leanne bruce View Post
                  Hi arthur i don"t bother putting catch reports on anymore because you get hundreds of views and only a few comments.
                  The view count is never a true representation of the number of people viewing it. Web crawlers will view the post to scan for keywords that improve search results. The can do this several times a day and there are many of them for the various search engines.

It's a common misconception.

Well done on a nice box of fish.
                  Lost another rig

Comment

I promise a couple of reports next week Arthur as I got home yesterday and have got 8 weeks off.
                    Once everything is checked out on the boat I will drop you a line for a run off if you fancy it.

Graham.

Comment

Brilliant Graham, you must be chomping at the bit to get out. That would be great, will look forward to that mate.

Comment

I've not been out for a couple of years , I used to like posting a catch report but the best days fishing I ever had from the boat I got called a liar on here , it might not bother others but it certainly put me off posting catch reports. Nice to see there are some fish out there

Comment

Originally posted by oldessox View Post
                          I've not been out for a couple of years , I used to like posting a catch report but the best days fishing I ever had from the boat I got called a liar on here , it might not bother others but it certainly put me off posting catch reports. Nice to see there are some fish out there
                          That's bad. But the less people that post reports, the less visit and the site closes.
                          Lost another rig

Comment

Hartlepool Report

Hi
                            I was out again on Saturday, from Hartlepool, went East to Marske and Saltburn. Unfortunately had the same result as previous 2 trips - lots of small codling around the 2 - 2 1/2 lb mark. Only a few mackerel caught even using daylights all day. Very big tides didn't help the fast drifts though !
                            A couple of party boats on my pontoon reported small numbers of codling but nothing of any size. There are NO reports of anything decent 5lB and above. So keep em coming up north while you have them, we are still waiting

Comment

Working...
                            X