Shetland June 9th & 10th 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shetland June 9th & 10th 2018

don't know what happened to my attempt to post this but it didn't work so here we are a link to it Shetland June 9th & 10th 2018

Fantastic post mate, I first heard about the brilliant fishing up there a few years ago, and now after reading your report, has made me think, yeh, would love to give it a go. How much in advance did you have to book, and what size party is best. Again, great post and photos.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

we had to book 12months in advance it fills up very quickly already booked next years we go with six as a rule sometimes eight

Comment

top report and pictures looks like the place to go
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Cracking fishing.what a place to go to

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
            Fantastic post mate, I first heard about the brilliant fishing up there a few years ago, and now after reading your report, has made me think, yeh, would love to give it a go. How much in advance did you have to book, and what size party is best. Again, great post and photos.
            Aye Arthur, was a real eye opener, a mixture of anticipation, joy, excitement, pain and exercise all rolled into one.

A few more pictures of our trip.

Everyone getting prepared on the Ferry across from Aberdeen to Lerwick

Kenny takes us through Flugga

I never thought I would be using 12/0 Daylights

Tatch takes a 36LB Anglerfish, absolute stonker.

Alex with a 20LB+ Cod

Myself with a 25LB Coalie, I remember the weight as I won the sweep that day

Chris, with a cracking 28LB+ Cod

Myself with another 20LB Cod.

Tam gives his PB Ling a kiss

Alex with another big Ling

And a great surprise for me, a 8LB 8oz Haddock

Overall a fantastic time, catching 1, 2 or 3 fish at a time, whether it was Cod or Coalie, it was brilliant.
            The landscape and the wildlife all contributed to a excellent time and of course the banter was in full flow.
            Im now on standbye for any drop outs this year and hoping to get there again next year.
            Its for every boat anglers bucket list.
            John S

Comment

Thanks for the reply John, or is it Tach....anyway, more great photos and fish. Makes me want to go more, although could be a long wait if next year is already fully booked.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice one John, glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Orange Shad View Post
                Aye Arthur, was a real eye opener, a mixture of anticipation, joy, excitement, pain and exercise all rolled into one.

A few more pictures of our trip.

Everyone getting prepared on the Ferry across from Aberdeen to Lerwick

Kenny takes us through Flugga

I never thought I would be using 12/0 Daylights

Tatch takes a 36LB Anglerfish, absolute stonker.

Alex with a 20LB+ Cod

Myself with a 25LB Coalie, I remember the weight as I won the sweep that day

Chris, with a cracking 28LB+ Cod

Myself with another 20LB Cod.

Tam gives his PB Ling a kiss

Alex with another big Ling

And a great surprise for me, a 8LB 8oz Haddock

Overall a fantastic time, catching 1, 2 or 3 fish at a time, whether it was Cod or Coalie, it was brilliant.
                The landscape and the wildlife all contributed to a excellent time and of course the banter was in full flow.
                Im now on standbye for any drop outs this year and hoping to get there again next year.
                Its for every boat anglers bucket list.
                Chris

Comment

Amazing fishing lads, well done.

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                  X