Whales for Wasabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whales for Wasabi

I was interested to hear your Orca story. I have lived by the Clyde for 58 years and here is the story as Lynn told it on another site.

So today we awoke to lovely sunshine and decided to head over to Argyll for lunch. On the ferry Mark looked out the camera - well he would have if he'd packed it! He was a tad grumpy, but not as grumpy as later in the day!

We had a leisurely lunch, then a walk along the beach - and then it happened - a pod of Orcas with a calf appeared out of nowhere! At least six Killer Whales chasing fish and seals. Mark has lived on the Clyde all of his (long) life and this is the first Orcas he has seen in these waters. I had never seen a Killer Whale in my life and no camera, Mark was spitting nails! Actually I think it was better, as we just stood in open mouthed wonder at the spectacle. It was truly amazing and something we will never forget. Thankfully a lady nearby took some pictures which she sent us and we have been able to share them with you, giving an idea of what we witnessed. For a lot of the time the whales were only around 20 yards off the beach.

Will this seal escape?

Eh no!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gi0NqtO.jpg[/im

A wonderful day on the Clyde!

I hope my man will have a wonderful day on JFK

Haha, he will catch nowt without me!
    Last edited by kayos; 28-08-2018, 01:35 PM. Reason: New title
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

WOW
    what an amazing sight to see
    Alan

Comment

great pictures
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Amazing pictures. Great to see.

Comment

That's impressive Mark. I’m not sure that I’d want to be on the boat there next to them.

Comment

Brilliant day Kevin, never forget it. On the shore was just fine for us!

Comment

Spot.

can you tell me the exact place please my son working up there
              KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Haha, it was near Dunoon, actually Innellan. However it was May!!

Comment

it doesn't get much better than that, what a wonderful experience that must have been, brilliant!
                  •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
                  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
                  :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
                  LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
                  CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                  THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
                  COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                  CARP 30LB CANADA
                  PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

just had a thought, you couldn't persuade them to pop down to hartlepool and sort the seals out down there they should be nice and fat after eating most of my mackerel!
                    •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
                    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
                    :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
                    LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
                    CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                    THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
                    COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                    CARP 30LB CANADA
                    PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Via St. Mary's Island!

Comment

Thank u

Kayos
                        KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Working...
                        X