St Mary's Can 1st Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary's Can 1st Sept

The season is drawing on and it seems strange writing September in the catch report title.

Today’s weather was unseasonal too with warm winds pushing a fast drift. Me and the little-un had a few hours this afternoon fishing inshore of the Can at St Mary’s.
    For the first time in years I dropped a rogue over the side to slow the drift. Unfortunately we forgot to pull it back in on one of the drifts and broke one of the cords holding it in place.

Fishing was slow and the few fish we caught all came from well inshore in less than 30ft of water, taking squid baits.

Mark took us out to a wreck one the home, without any luck, still it was a good day to be out.

alway's good to get out Kevin m8, especially with the youngin. Well done.

Comment

Must have been nice at least fishing without the usual foul weather gear!

I was out the country through work, but my lad and his mate took the boat out from Amble on the 1st as well. They reported there wasn't much doing too, though they blamed it on a lack of drift! My lad did make some underwater videos off Coquet Island though which were apparently quite interesting and I'll try to persuade him to post them.

Nice morning today, flying into Newcastle airport - I'm pretty sure it was Alan in the JFK fishing close to the yellow can! It looked great down there!

Comment

You're right, it was great to be able to spend the day in just a t-shirt.

I think I met your lad when we were up at Amble last month. Him and his mates were tidying the boat and chatted about their catches. They seemed a canny lot and had had a productive session.
        I’d be fascinated to see the underwater footage from Coquet Island.

Comment

Yep - they're the ones Kevin. Mostly sensible, but you see a different side to them when they stagger back at 4 in the morning on a Saturday night from toon!

He dangled a go-pro type camera on a 20 foot leader under a float LOL But the water clarity was good. I have yet to see the footage but he says you can see a couple of Pollack and codling. It' no good me trying to work out how to post them, but I'll see if I can get him to do it.

Cheers
          Adrian

Comment

Working...
          X