Lack of reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of reports

Haway lads all these westrlys back home and no reports surely someones been fishing ???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nothing to report. It blew a gale, and I caught nowt. (3 different sessions).

Comment

Originally posted by SPEIRSY View Post
      Haway lads all these westrlys back home and no reports surely someones been fishing ???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      I have been out a few times

Was 3 times uptiding and caught the usual small to medium cod in good numbers and once I went to a six miler wreck and caught 9-10 good sized cod around the 5-7lb mark

Altogether not too bad

Comment

I have had my longest ever spell of being unwell, one thing after the other for last 7 weeks but the 1 day I did get out it was poor and pouting saved the blank, tried 6 wrecks and ground st marrys to Cresswell.

I will try again in a couple of weeks as last 2 years we have had some cracking results over the winter month son wrecks.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

We've been flying the flag for Royal Quays whenever there's been an opportunity and despite the cold we've had some fairly decent days. It's very pleasant on Albee's big ole Colvic (Octavia) because you keep popping into the galley for hot soup and a bacon sandwich. If it's blowing hard we'll generally go South and drop anchor in the lee of Souter lighthouse but mostly we'll head North and drop anchor on the ground off Spanish City which is holding some decent 3lb to 5lb fish just now. We've been baiting up with a mussel/prawn cocktail which sends a nice scent down tide and it's never very long before the rods are bouncing.
          The fish are in good clean condition just now, actually they're quite fat and without exception they've been worm free. The fish are only taking when the tides running so our trips are max 6 hours which is enough at this time of the year and we generally end up with a dozen or more good keepers between the four of us.

Comment

Working...
          X