tld 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tld 15

i have a tld 15 that i have been told needs new bearings and been quoted 60 quid seems steep as i only use the reel a couple of times a year so its to pricey any one help me out
    f###ing snagged again

who says it needs new bearings and why? i've had shimanos for 30yrs and never replaced anything but line!

Comment

Alright there, i got some bearings last year for my charter special from a place on the Team Valley i cant remember the name of the firm but it was in princes park, follow the road around to the right and it was in the top left corner. Take your bearings with you and they will sort you out.

Comment

i sent the reel away to be serviced and the company rang today,the reel works ok just when reeling in its quite stiff
        f###ing snagged again

Comment

cheers russ not to far from me
          f###ing snagged again

Comment

The spool bearings rarely need changing, most likely just the one behind the handle.

7X17X5 (S697zz) £1.75 each for stainless at RCbearings Limited (last I bought some).

or

I'll service it for £59.99 for you Only joking, if you need a hand give me a shout.
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by fishaman View Post
              i sent the reel away to be serviced and the company rang today,the reel works ok just when reeling in its quite stiff
              I didn't see that bit, it's definitely just the one bearing in the side plate behind the handle.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Keef knows his TLDs backwards

...he's got one or two
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

One on fleabay at the moment, used twice in fresh water, with the chrome handle (the black ones don't last long) £50 no bids (yet )
                  Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I missed out on one recently after Duncan tipped the nation off as to their existance
                    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                    I AGREE

Comment

Thats a canny link there Keith, RC Bearings, i can't remember how much i paid for mine but it wasn't that cheap.

Comment

Aye, just don't get the Mild Steel (MS) ones, they won't last long.
                        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

cheers keith will get one ordered and will let you know how it goes

thanks

tony
                          Last edited by fishaman; 20-03-2013, 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling
                          f###ing snagged again

Comment

Pm me your email address and I'll email you a guide, it's a 2.5MB pdf file.
                            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Aye he certainy knows his DLT's backwards !
                              Cheers Bert

Comment

Working...
                              X