Dingy angling clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dingy angling clubs

Does anyone know of any local dinghy angling clubs? Just built a wooden 15 footer and used to fish in the 70\'s with the NE dinghy angling club. Anywhere between Blyth and Redcar would do.
    Bill Raine
    I didn't go to work today. The voices told me to go fishing!

As 30 people have looked at the message and nobody seems to know of any dinghy angling clubs in the north East, what is the chances of interested parties getting together and having a chat about dinghy angling? There is always lots of small boats out during the summer at least so there is lots of people have an interest. Even a forum on news,views, ideas, good kit etc would be nice. How about it?

Bill R.

[Edited on 6/1/2004 by braine]
    Bill Raine

Comment

braine, As the 31st person to read this, , cos I\'ve just logged on. I don\'t have anything to do with sailing but I\'m sure there is a sailing club at South Shields. Not sure what it is called but its beside the launching ramp next to the Groyne. The library at South Shields issue the permits for the ramp so I\'m sure they would know the name of the club, Try giving them a ring. I think there is also a sailing club next to the Priory at Tynemouth. Its next to the enterance of the gates at the North pier (club hut ).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Marc.

Comment

Thanks Mark but i aint got any sails!! By dinghy I mean something between 12 - 18 foot for inshore fishing with a mate or two. The tourist info centre issues a pass for the boat and the car for parking at the ramp provided you have insurance for £1million 3rd Party liability. Just in case you hit the pier and it needs rebuilding.
        At least someone out there can be bothered to reply.
        Thanks again
        Bill.
        Bill Raine

Comment

Sorry mate, After one or two bottles I just saw the word dinghy and thought sailing!!!.

Loads of lads on here own boats and there is one or two fun competitions to be arranged over the summer from the Royal Quays/Tyne, Your question will get answered just give it time, .

Try this one braine, see if its any good, Remembering I\'m a bit worse for the ware

http://newbigginsbc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Cheers,

Marc.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention about a little get together at the Zetland (floating bar/restaurant), Royal Quays Marina, North Shields on Tursday 8th, 7.00 - 7.30 pm onwards to hand over another cheque to the RNLI from funds raised from NESA members. There will be lads there that have boats in the marina so pop along if you can. There are threads on other parts of the board about the night if you want to know more.

Could have done this as an edit, but wanted another star,

Cheers,

Marc.

Comment

Lol, Marc.....
              I\'ve often seen people scouring the rocks and kelp areas along the shore at low water looking for lead weights, but, looking at ya avatar, to go out on the boat takin\' full scuba gear to retrieve lost tackle on the wrecks takes the biscuit, m8

Comment

Yeve put the wrang one up Tony, Thats Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Comment

Shes the weight collector, Put another 2 stone on since christmas. Best edit this in the morning before she sees, Any one says a word to her, I\'LL DENY IT-----

Bob, Norman, Dave..............

Comment

As if we would do a thing like that to you.....................start editing Marc just sent Lisa a text telling her to have a look on the board...lol lol !!!!!

Comment

Shes the w*ight col*ector, P*t another 2 *tone on si*ce chris*mas. Best edit this i* the morning be*ore she sees, Any one s*ys a word to her, I\'LL DENY IT-----

Bob, Norman, Dave..............

S*it. Edi*or not wor*ing, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There you go, Bill - quite a few replies, now.
                        Not exactly what you were hoping for, I know, but that\'s often the way it goes once the lads get going...lol. Come along to the Zetland on Thursday night, if you can, and I\'m sure that aswell as meting a few of the people form NESA you could arange a trip out with some of the other lads with boats. As Marc says, we\'re hoping to have a few NESA boat fishing \"comps\" this year and in addition to the fishing itself, the \"apre-fishing\" held in the Zetland is always spot-on.. :P

Comment

Thanks lads and TC. Pity about Thurday cos just picking the messages up now 1010pm. I got no problem with getting out fishing as have a mate in S/land with a very quick 23 footer. :P
                          Have loads of questions about little boats like mine. As it is home built cos no fish off the beaches to speak of I am having extreme difficulty in getting insurance for it. No insurance no launch.
                          Am going to have a look at that other site about little boats.
                          Back soon
                          Bill
                          Bill Raine

Comment

Back again
                            That Newbiggin club looks good. Just what I was looking for. Problem is they dont tell you how to join, where to join and where they meet. I wonder if thats why they put the number of people that wish they were members on the site?

Bill
                            Bill Raine

Comment

Thanks Marc for the info. Y ou deserve a message of thanks all to yourself.

Bill Rl
                              Bill Raine

Comment

Working...
                              X