After Easter .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Easter .........

Either I'm getting soft in my older age or the weather really is changing ??global WARMING eh??. Never, to my knowledge, have I ever had to wait till after easter to have a days fishing ... even to blank !
    Understand Easter is early, and understand I'm no spring chicken anymore fighting to withstand the cold, but really ...... We always have a couple or three days out prior, to test the gear, maybe pick up the odd codling then, sit back and enjoy the spring run over the easter weekend dodging the other numerous boats on the drift at St Marys looking for "just the right line" to take us over the fish ......... bugger ! it still looks like weeks away yet ......

I wonder .... it this just a hiccup ? ... or a sign for the future ...........

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

im sitting at marsden carpark naw m8 you should of been out today the seas flat as a witches nockers a would of been out if a wasnt gan to a christening at half 12 mind you a anly gan out if theres other boats out and a cant see any so wouldnt ga out to far past pier

Comment

Be waiting into the 2nd week of April if the met office forecast is anything to go off, i had hoped to be out Monday or Tuesday but 10-25mph east wind for little reward means a day in watching footie.

Soon be time Norman, fishing often poor unti mid April anyway so not missing alot.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice to know its quite flat pal, hope it's the same tomorrow gonna give it a go. Sick if sitting aboot. Get ya self out tomorrow norm, this weather could be in for the rest of the summer, you know what Wor weathers like.

Comment

Not for me a cold east wind, tight together east choppy sea and biting wind with few fish..rather wait a week longer and enjoy the first trip out
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Is the worlds weather not driven by wind. Wind as far as I am aware is high pressure moving to low. Everything wants to reach equilibrium so the pressures are trying to equalise.
            Sailors off the South Coast of England are complaining they can no longer sail their boats in the lea of the massive wind farms that have sprung up. So thats tells me there is no longer any wind on the downwind side of these farms. So the wind has been stopped. That high pressure is no longer maving towards the low so the low remains low. Is this what is causing the extrem wet weather the UK has been experiencing over the last 2 years. I once found a paper on the net from a US professor who warned of this back in 2004 I believe. I'll try and hunt it out. What he was saying just seemed like common sense to me.

Comment

easter? easter? whats that then? its still mid winter out here - pics taken this week:

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

You got me thinking pal. Might give it a miss then.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                  easter? easter? whats that then? its still mid winter out here - pics taken this week:

Wow where do you live
                  PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                  PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                  PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                  PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

weardale. sorry, that should be wierd dale!
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Aye Norm its not good, the aches and pains are usually starting to ease now
                      Hope this jet stream they are blaming doesnt hang around till next year

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                        Is the worlds weather not driven by wind. Wind as far as I am aware is high pressure moving to low. Everything wants to reach equilibrium so the pressures are trying to equalise.
                        Sailors off the South Coast of England are complaining they can no longer sail their boats in the lea of the massive wind farms that have sprung up. So thats tells me there is no longer any wind on the downwind side of these farms. So the wind has been stopped. That high pressure is no longer maving towards the low so the low remains low. Is this what is causing the extrem wet weather the UK has been experiencing over the last 2 years. I once found a paper on the net from a US professor who warned of this back in 2004 I believe. I'll try and hunt it out. What he was saying just seemed like common sense to me.

It's the jet stream that's causing us to have this cold spell, it's nothing to do with wind farms, The weather systems all revolve around the heat generated by the sun in the equatorial regions, the heat rises causing the air to move creating winds, some say global warming is creating more heat at the equator resulting in ever more severe weather patterns, but what is causing the global warming is debatable. The jet stream moves these systems around , depending on where the jet stream is situated we get our weather systems, at the minute it's to the south of Britain which brings us polar weather, if and when it moves north it will bring us equatorial weather.
                        Whatever happens to the jet stream, if this summer is as bad as last, there'll be a boat for sale at amble, I'm not paying all that money out for something I can't use

Comment

I think there will be lot thinking the same Ray, marina fees, maintenance costs, etc, etc, its a lot of money to have floating about and not giving any pleasure..

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                            I think there will be lot thinking the same Ray, marina fees, maintenance costs, etc, etc, its a lot of money to have floating about and not giving any pleasure..
                            I was thinking the same about the missus....

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                              I was thinking the same about the missus....
                              Best get rid mate..

Comment

Working...
                              X