Reef fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reef fishing

Anyone done any reef fishing ( or large sandbank ) fishing off Northumberland ( Craster / coquet island way ) . Looks like some good shots in abundance .

Dave,
    Theres some nice areas at Cresswell (the skiers) where you go from 90ft to about 30 foot in a few yards drift, decent cod off the edges and 3-4 lbdrs off thr skeirs, its about15mile from tyne (nee probs LOL).
    best after easter ......... and the waters clear, you can see lures to about 25-30ft on a good day

[Edited on 11/1/2004 by Norman]
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thanks Norman , I thought you would have good idea of that area . I\'ll bring up the charts next time and you can show me

I take the stunning silence from the boat show means your torn Norm ? :P

Took \"Dolly\" out testerday , she handles extremely well , better than I expected

Comment

The Boat show ............. WOW
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Like me and Mark talked about sat, the best reef i have fished is the one from craster harbour right upto the castle, close in with very rough ground that holds, ling,cole,cod,wrasse and other species, there is also the two yellow boys north and south, hendon sand bank is good for whiting and hoddock not sure about codling fishing thou.

Comment

Just watched the boat show on tv, did anyone see those jet boats for inland racing 0 to 60mph in 1.5 SECONDS!!
            Glad to hear all went well Dave.

Comment

Almost as fast as yours Dave :P . Clocked that one Rich ta .

Comment

pleased the sea trails went well Dave,might even get down to see mine befoe the boat show..Norman is very quite about the show ,i wonder what he has bought ??? hope he has\'nt bought an antares 760 or merry fisher 805 befor i get mine,i\'ll be well jealous !!!!

Comment

Merry fisher is a nice piece of kit Bob , is that 805 the same as the one next to you ?

Comment

yes Dave it is,have been on Toms boat a few times,its lovely inside,very well fitted out...am going to move Tri Tech and put the Ocquetuea there next week if i get a chance before the boat show

Comment

bob, do you fancy a pint in zetland before weekend better i talk you through the boatshaw layout, save you wasted time. Fantastic show .... best i`ve seen.
                      Dave B yes seen the jet boats on tv WOW 1000hp in 12 inches of water ................ woo hoooooooooooooo maybe I`ll just be a spectator but I do fancy having a look when it comes to the UK, anyone else?.
                      great show, a lot like the tv look (unusual) Been on some big (dream) boats ................................ but for the present .. slinky rules LOL
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

yes Norman that would be great ,text me or phone me when your free...cheers !!!

Comment

Well at least IS will have a use for that guzzler of his.....bit of a roll cage and away he goes. Does anyone know if he has a competition licence.
                          As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Comment

Getting back to the original point for a while , anybody been out to the \"Craster skeers \" - two massive lumps of rock at 25mtrs deep in 50mtrs of water , looks the dogs doodas .

Comment

How Dave, us Shore Wallers can hit that mate with a decent hoy. Safety goggles necessary on account of the bits of crustacea (****) fleeing all awa

(late night post, verry drunk)

[Edited on 16/1/2004 by Ell]

Comment

Working...
                              X