First day first cancellation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day first cancellation!

So here we are down at Newbiggin by the sea...... and the sea is rough! Tomorrow's trip is already called off, so not a good start to the holiday. A long drive down but met good lads when we picked up gear.... thanks guys.

Very disappointed to have our first trip cancelled, but all eyes on Sunday now. Fingers toes and all sorts crossed.

On the up side the caravan is amazing! The best we have ever had. Spacious and beautifully appointed. Huge freezer, so it was a waste of time humphing ours down..........should have listened to good advice and left it at home. A few pics of the van.

Out on the verandah with some alcohol to drown our sorrows, with Lynn betraying a wee sad face.

And finally the view.

Maybe try fishing off the beach tomorrow. Still waters for Sunday please.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Hope theres no more cancelled trips Mark, van looks nice mind, out with Jim
    on sunday, so hope this bloody wind drops off.

Comment

That is a pain for you

I guess the skipper has seen the sea state at the moment (well away lots of white water) seen it is not changing from a NE direction until 1am and called it off. I am still sure a late start would have it settled so you could at least fish but it is best called off with what the skipper no doubt has seen this evening.

Lots more days, my goal, this year is not to beat last years record i.e more days called off than fished
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by stevie-r-@hotmail.co.uk View Post
        Hope theres no more cancelled trips Mark, van looks nice mind, out with Jim
        on sunday, so hope this bloody wind drops off.
        Yeah we are out Sunday too Steve, although up this way, not Hartlepool, so it blooming better have dropped off!

See you on North Star on Wednesday.....................................I hope!

Comment

Just looking at bbc weather and tomorrow the wind swings to off the land at around 5mph and sunday it swings to a southish then monday back to easterly and strong. If yer empty yer freezer yev always the cresswell arms there as a fallback
          Have a nice holiday

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
            That is a pain for you

I guess the skipper has seen the sea state at the moment (well away lots of white water) seen it is not changing from a NE direction until 1am and called it off. I am still sure a late start would have it settled so you could at least fish but it is best called off with what the skipper no doubt has seen this evening.

Lots more days, my goal, this year is not to beat last years record i.e more days called off than fished
            Oh absolutely Rich no complaints with the Skipper, just the weather!!

Comment

The link below says it all, i was standing on that beach 2 hours ago and that wind was cutting through you, thou the wnw swing in the morning should have warmed it up abit.
              Longsands beach

As i say i would have been out late morning but holding off until it warms up a tadd and also gives the fish a extra few days to turn up
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Give another skipper a call

Tomorrow will be ok

Comment

Think the skippers been a bit hasty there. Sea should be fine by the morning. The Sapphire has spaces out of Sunderland in the morning.

Comment

Thanks for the info, going out on Sapphire on Sunday anyway
                    Last edited by kayos; 05-04-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                      Thanks for the info, going out on Sapphire on Sunday
                      Good call good boat defo get fish well a dnt wen a go lmao just cos am always on my willy that's what Peter wood say lol wood ov bean out my self just no way ov getting ther and bk
                      Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Get your lass to give you a lift Scotty maybe abit bumpy and cold but at least you be wetting a line.
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                          Get your lass to give you a lift Scotty maybe abit bumpy and cold but at least you be wetting a line.
                          Cold and bumps dnt Botha me she wood ov but with kids off school and with my step son who has dawnsindrum dnt lyk triviling long destinses
                          Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                            Thanks for the info, going out on Sapphire on Sunday anyway
                            good luck you pair I'm sure you'll have a good day sunday, hopefully we'll be out Saturday but never know, we could delay till sunday if sea still up, might even see you out there

norm
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                              good luck you pair I'm sure you'll have a good day sunday, hopefully we'll be out Saturday but never know, we could delay till sunday if sea still up, might even see you out there

norm
                              Good luck norm if you do get out and as spesh with your new toys ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X