Newbie looking for advice/buddy boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for advice/buddy boat

Relatively new to sea fishing. Been on a few charter trips, but quite difficult to get organised. Therefore thinking of getting a small boat of my own for inshore trips.
    Have got RYA level 2 & VHF licence.
    For various reasons, intending to get a RIB and base it at Hartlepool.
    Would value any advice, guidance to local marks etc
    Anyone out there based in Hatlepool & interested in joint trips?

phil
    where do you live as i live in hartburn and fish with guys on this site and a few guys from work. will always be willing to share trips both private and on charters. This site is great for getting to know people and they are a fantastic bunch of lads and lasses and a very generous crowd. welcome mate.
    regards
    jason
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Hi Phil, welcome mate, hey watch this space for advice, not much happenning on the boat front for a few months but I`m sure when things hot up by easter we can find you some place for a trip out with us. good to hear your looking at getting a boat , maybe a few trips with the lads and get togethers around a pint (or six) will help you out with decisions on what where and when.
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Hi Phil and welcome to NESA,a lot of enthuiastic boat anglers on this site to give you great advice as well as companionship,stick around m8 you will enjoy
        http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Hi Phil....and welcome.

As per the gentleman that have already replied, if you cannot get answers to any of your questions on this site they don\'t exist!!!

Fishing is very quiet at the moment because of the winds with only a few days out here and there. Good when you can get out though!!

Jeff.

Comment

Thanks v much for positive replies so far. I live near Bradford so its a long trip to the coast, hence I want to keep boat on a mooring, Hartlepool has the advantage of being accessible at all states of tide. I\'ve tried Brid, Scarboro & Whitby for charters & shorefishing, franlky the travelling time to all these & Hartlepool is about the same. Expected delivery of boat is around Easter.

Comment

PS I\'ll work on getting a picture taken soon...

Comment

Welcome Phil,

Most of us are either on the Tyne or Blyth , I cannot recall anyone from Hartlepool . I too live a long way from the coast and Hartlepool marina is closer for me too ( I \'ve sussed it out a time or two ) it\'s got all the goodies Royal Quays has got and the fishing marks are excellent in a 20 mile radius . There are plenty of (large) wrecks in the area and the rough ground off Skinningrove I\'ve heard is good . As Norman said we don\'t get in to top gear till Easter so watch this space Good luck .

Comment

Working...
                X