Lazy Daze catch report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Daze catch report

Well, the first trip out since 26 February, but things were very slow. Tried the wreck off whitley but struggled to keep line vertical so was streaming out the back of the boat. Tried 7-8 drifts, but not even a scotchie, although quite a few fish showing on the sounder.
    Left there and went to anchor up near the can, but not a sniff. Stingray arrived and Rich was having as productive a day as me having tried a few wrecks with nothing to show for it.
    Ready for a move again, I clocked 3 kyacks closer inshore, so headed over to see if they were doing any better. It was DT1 Davy, he had three keepers and was just going in as I arrived, so after a quick chat, decided to give it a go there.
    Within a few minutes I started getting bites which resulted in three pouting and returned.
    Another short move and the anchor back in resulted in two small codling about 1-1/2lb each.

So to sum up. I think by the next set of making tides in a fortnights time, the fishing should have started, as long as there are no more big seas, and there's a lift in temperature.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Your persistence paid off mate lets hope things improve soon

Comment

I think you're the only boat in the n/east catchin owt...

nice one Arthur...now you lead April's comp....

we're having a go next weekend ( weather permitting )
      Last edited by easyfish1; 07-04-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Well done Arthur, nice to see codling caught Lazy Daze is looking nice and clean

Comment

spot on arthur, we tried your wreck but nowt giving for saturday

well done mate

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice1 Arthur the move closer in paid off for you
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Yeh Chris, nice and clean, but can't keep the damn thing tidy

Did you get any fish Richy!

Heaviest fish Rob should last at least a week looking at the forecast for this coming week................back to normal eh!

Comment

I must start and wear the proper specs for reading these posts , I can see a windsurfer and a sailboat in that second picture , I'm definitely going out next chance I get , maybe
                Well done Arthur

Comment

Decided to do a report in the report section but to save you the time...NO
                  ................__................................ .............................
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb
                  BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Ray, that windsurfer is an ocean going yacht think you might of left it too late for this week though, as the forecast is back to normal

Ray, took another look at the photo, and see what you mean about the windsurfer. lol
                    Last edited by canman; 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                      think you might of left it too late for this week though, as the forecast is back to normal
                      Sadly that says it all Arthur. How far out were you? I tried the same with drifts and wrecks last month but only caught a fish or two once I anchored very close in, in about 30ft of water. Waves were breaking only a few hundred yards away.

Comment

Got the fish in 42ft of water, never had a bight anywhere else.

Comment

we were talking to you earlier on on sunday on a wreck near yellow can we only managed one codling between us packed in about two oclock still nice to wet a line

Comment

Yes, I remember, yous were in a white cathedral hull boat, can't remember its name. It was tough, but things should soon improve, fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                            X