Bass & Lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass & Lures

There\'s a geezer on the sister site Anglers net that uses the \"Storm wild eyed shad \" for bass fishing in the portland race . He claims they even tempt the gulls and that in to going for them . Anyone tried them yet ( I know you have Dave with some success ) .?????

when you get around to having a bash, I\'ve got a few lures you can have. I bought a big box of gear from a bankruptcy sale a couple of years ago and there\'s some big trolling lures in there which you be welcome to as I\'ll never use em.

I say big, one is a 10\" long monster.

I thought about taking down shileds pier last summer just to see what looks I got sticking it on 6 foot spinning rod but thought better of it
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Dave i have about 40 rapalas, 15 storm lures, and about 30 other kinds of poppers, skitter pops,divers and so on of other makes, got them for bass fishing and pike fishing up scotland.Anyone is free to give a couple a bash before spending alot of money on them.

Ebay has alot of rapalas for sale very cheap.

Comment

Keep hold of the rapala\'s rich for trolling close in to the rocks .

Mark,

Thanks for that , I\'ll catch you at the next comp perhaps .

[Edited on 20/1/2004 by DaveMason]

Comment

Rapala j13\'s are the ones you want black back with light underside closely followed by rapala sliver in sandeel colours although all will work these are the most succesfull in our neck of the woods. Don\'t worry about the size though we\'ve had schoolies on monster magnums. Poppers are good when drifting and casting with a light outfit, storm chug bugs seem to work the best and the takes are explosive. Can you get your boats in near any warm water outfalls? these should hold bass all year long!

Comment

Hi dave,

The only hot water was (I think ? ) at blyth power station which is now defuncted I believe .

Comment

I know of Alcan Power station at Lynemouth, not sure if there\'s a hot water outfall.

I have a feeling that it\'s all used by the rag worm farm.

Will have a look and see if I can find anything.
              As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Comment

Had a look and it would appear that Alcan\'s hot water is used by Seabait Ltd

As far as I know that\'s it unless your prepared to head for Teeside or Scotland.
                As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Comment

I have tried skitter pops and sandeel rapalas but when i was up scotland most the lads that had bass caught them on fast sinking large home made flys, i gave it a bash was never had any luck.

Comment

I have tried skitter pops and sandeel rapalas but when i was up scotland most the lads that had bass caught them on fast sinking large home made flys, i gave it a bash was never had any luck.
                    I\'ll vouch for that. Home made sand eel imitation flies well weighted with a bit of lead wire. Bass and pollack but mainly pollack, but when you find the bass they went made for em
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X