No announcement yet.

out doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about time they started showing pal, don't here of much getting caught. Looks like last place in the monthly comp for us

Comment

I have just checked my data from the previous 4 years to see when the first good day at sea was for each year (Good day being at least 5 keepers for myself not the total boat)

In 2009 1st of May
      In 2010 15th of April
      In 2011 9th of April
      In 2012 20th of May

So nothing really to worry about so far, ask me this question come 6pm on the 18th of May and if no fish have shown up by then, are very few then i will be worried.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Richy we were catching fish on the wks last March with the shads, if I remember we had a mini heatwave or was that the summer ???????
        Our best days/catches were early in the year, with the one type of shad accounting for most of the fish.
        Obviously with the consistantly bad weather we,ve had so far this year things are going to
        kick off a lot later, roll on May !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Had a run out on Sat just to check all the electronics etc etc, everything is good to go.
        Chomping at the bit springs to mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

Davey....................

Comment

I cant remember the wrecks fishing off the Tyne in March with me and i dont count rough ground fishing as i dont really rate it but i remember you had some good reports back then, in fact i think i read that report a few weeks ago when i was going back through the history.

I think with last year being a rock bottom year, the pressure is well on this season to get out and fish and more so with it being Stingray's 100% for sure last season in my ownership.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

It is amazing how little boat chat is about for end of April, guess it reflects the fishing, mind i cant say anything this will be the 3rd weekend in a row i have not even thought about wetting a line thou will be down for a clean and polish tomora.

Good luck to anyone out at the weekend, its a shame that flat as flat sea will be chopped up come the weekend.
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Ritchie mate, what causes the " Algi Bloom" and how will it clear off?
              1st trip is 12th May, hope it gans by then!
              Also sorry to hear your gettin shot of stingray ! You got your eyes on something else ? Or you just had enough??
              GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Main factors are the light increase and water temp causes it to bloom but it triggers everything into life in the end.

Stingray...well it is time to move on really and after 5 good years she will be up for sale in September for a low price that i hope would give me a quick sale.

Next weekend i will be out to give it a bash, see if anything has turned up yet.
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb