Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom 1_could it be the start

Hi Lads,
    a break in the weather, with westerlies and warmer weather, nice tides and forecast we (3) headed out hoping not to blank as we did on the last 2 trips.

got a few mile off and the swells were bigger than expected coming from the north at 3-4 second intervals.
    boat was getting hoyed about a bit when we dropped on the first wreck, that gave nowt up and it looked like another fruitless trip.
    did another wreck, nowt.........
    hit the next and its a wonder you never heard the shouting when the first codling came aboard followed by another 2 on the same drift.
    then that went quiet so we headed off after loosing a rake of gear.
    dropped on the next and into fish from the start, sidewinders did nowt, a couple on baited hokkais and the star was Stevie Gannet pulled a dozen on baited rippers.
    total of 18, biggest was 4-1/2lb a couple on the 3-1/2 lb, but hey after the past months it was a great day with 3 smiling faces

lets hope its the start of the fishing.............

Paul

Me and me in law are going to have a bash at the wrecks tomorrow , hope we can get some cod or ling.

Comment

Originally posted by themadcockney View Post
      Me and me in law are going to have a bash at the wrecks tomorrow , hope we can get some cod or ling.
      best of luck, baited rippers did the damage today

Comment

Well done Paul, I hope you’re right about it signalling the start of the season. I too may be taking my father-in-law out tomorrow if he gets up here in time.

Comment

Been a while since i seen i apic like that well done lads fingers crossed its a sign of many to come
          Cod machine

Comment

Excellent Paul, great stuff. A box of cod is a rare thing these days.
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great to see some fish coming off the wrecks Paul Nice one..

Dont forget to put the H/F in the monthly comp thread for April

Comment

how did i miss this thread ?

18 fish on phantom 1...

hopefully it's the start of the fish showing

well done paul...

Comment

Working...
                X