Back from Loppa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Loppa

Well lads, got back from Loppa in the early hours of this morning and now getting the first chance to catch up on the forum, Firstly, thanks to all of you for the congratulations regards my PB of a 45lber. I didn't take any IT gear and relied on Si (Wreckingball76) to post for me. I sent the odd text to Richy & Chris (We fished Skerjvoy last year). The fishing was outstanding and for me, the trip of a lifetime.

Day1 - Started slow in the morning with fish to 28lb, and then as it picked up fish to +30lb at a steady rate for the rest of the day

Day 2 - Smashed PB with a 32lber and Paul taking a 37lber - fished all day wherever we went with average of 25lb to + 30lbs most every drop.

Day 3 - Smashed PB with a 45lber - Today was absolutely mental - Cod, Cod, Cod, and even more Cod anywhere and everywhere we dropped anything in with a hook on it - Felt our arms were dropping off - decided to have a go with the YUKI Ruby and baitcaster + 100gm lure, Jeez, a Fish every drop to 25ib and eventually had to stop and take a break every 5 fish. The Manx lads had a few Halibut the heaviest fell to Cameron with a 25iber -Today has been the best days fishing of my life, since I started in 1965 - The Manx lad Simon got fish on the Mackem Manx Lure think his heaviest he landed was 39lb

Day 4 - Absolutely Knackered - Backache, Arms six inches longer but persevered and battled on throughout the day - Started with the coalies for live baiting - Once again plenty of fish still about and loads from 25lb to +30lbers - Messed about with the light gear most of the day using daylights, lures, pirks, and had a really great day but still no elusive Halibut for me

Day 5 - Weather not to good with a bit of swell running and choppy conditions with a really cold wind - not really enjoyable or comfortable fishing conditions and hard to find shelter from the wind, so came in early afternoon and had a bit of a rest - Still no Halibut for me

Day 6 - Last Fishing Day - Got to get a Halibut - started the day targeting the coalies again for an hour and then we were off to catch the bigger fish. Cod were steady all morning to +30lbs, About an hour before the final whistle Bang, my first wolfy this trip to 4lb - Bang again, my first Torsk this trip to 5lb - Bang, Cod to 24lb - Then finally a small touch and then a dead weight with no typical cod nodding, and as it broke surface I was bouncing - FINALLY a Halibut - Only a tiddler to 8lbs but my very first - JOB Done - Relax - Got the light gear out and my final drop was 2 cod to about 6lbs on a set of daylights - Outstanding Trip of a Lifetime

5 Lads from the Isle of Man + 1 Geordie + 2 Mackems - A truly great adventure had by all with PB's smashed on a daily basis by all. I know its an expensive holiday and a bit of a trash getting there and back with all your gear - But well worth the experience

Thats about it Lads from myself and there will be other reports by some of the other guys no doubt

For the North East Lads going in July good luck, and hope the weather is as kind and the fish are ready and waiting your arrival - Go Get Em Lads
    Attached Files
    http://jemnessgsd.homestead.com/home.html

Weapons of Choice

A Fishing Rod
    A Reel
    Hook, Line, Sinker
    Some Bait

As said in texts well done Eddie and some Fantastic fishing, as you know the weather plays abig part and you seemed to get lucky for at least 5 days out of the week, thats good going for Loppa as it is exposed from all directions, i hope when we go in July we get the weather and am sure the fish will come.

Great pic's and glad you got your butt as i know you tried hard for it, did you get it on my method or something else?

Now the bigger question....will you wish to go back next year since your PB cod will take some beating. did you get any big wolf's or haddock this year like we got in Skjervoy last year?

See you on Stingray soon if you can take fishing off our coast on the joke we call fishing here
    Last edited by northeast1; 24-04-2013, 12:33 AM.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

No Haddock , tried the flowing trace and whole coalie (No Fillet) but eventually it fell to a chrome pirk. Would still go back to Norway though. Had a few marks to fish but our best days were in the area between the end of Silda & Loppa. Will give you an update when I see you next
      http://jemnessgsd.homestead.com/home.html

Weapons of Choice

A Fishing Rod
      A Reel
      Hook, Line, Sinker
      Some Bait

Comment

Between Silda and Loppa err? i am suprised it fished best there, lots of features but all between 35m and 55m but i guess thats where the bait fish are and the big boys like you lot found out for dam sure

Did you try Kalvaen or the entrance to Frankkfjorden south of Loppa? they look some tasty marks. You need the weather but north west of loppa looks some good ground around Loppabean but i would hate to think you got caught out there when the wind changed.

Anyway as said great report and see you on Stingray for some tiddle bashing soon, starting my season in 2 weeks time as just wasting fuel at the moment. 4th,5th and 6th of May if your game?

How much is a pint now, did it beat last year at £8
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Norway

Well done on a fantastic report and pics.Nice to see someone taking the time and effort to let us mortals see how its done.
          Once again nice report.

Comment

Few cracking fish there Eddie toppa read as well, well done mate.
            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Cracking report and pic's, sounds like every thing fell into place to make for a fantastic week and fantastic fishing.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Well done Eddie, some cracking fish on what looked to be a great trip.

You will have to beat your PB Ling on our Shetlands venture to cap off a great years fishing.
                Tight lines
                Davy

Comment

Well done Eddie - I should easily beat my pb when we go in July. Can't wait

Comment

What is it Ian?
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb