RYA Level 2 National Powerboat Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RYA Level 2 National Powerboat Course

Does anyone have experience of this, and is it recommended for someone getting into small fishing boat ownership?

Anyone got any other recommendations or courses to be done?

cheers

Stu

I did the RYA L2 course last month, good laugh.

It was a mixture of theory and practical learning, but with the majority of the course being practicle and hands on out on a boat.
    Starting off with mooring up and manovering in confined spaces , then covering basic boat handling in open spaces and out at sea , man over board procedure , basic navigation , anchoring , some basic chartplotting, aswell as all the safety aspects and boating eticate.

Well worth doing if you don\'t have much boating experiance and even if you do its a basic worthy course.

Even better for me as work put me through it and paid me for doing it
    I\'ve got a little fishing boat and thought it was a suitable course, making me a little more confident at manovering in and out of the loch

[Edited on 17/7/2006 by Codfather]

Comment

Do you use your own boat and what was the cost?
      As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
      but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

We used their boats (small, then big ribs).
        Not too sure on costs.
        It was at a little rya centre by the transporter bridge on the tees, next door to the fire station.

[Edited on 17/7/2006 by Codfather]

Comment

Hi Stuey, I have a small Seahog Shortie, and I did the course last week, great 2 days, and very informative....did it in their 7 mtr rib, with a 130hp o/b, used a company called Seaforce in Glasgow...£180...I already have my VHF licence, and have been advised to go for a Sea Survival course, which I will do next year.
          The way things are going, it is likely to become an essential part of boat ownership, as more and more councils, (so far, all in England) are demanding that you have it ,before you can launch on one of their slips......I know, that Wirrall, demand it. !!!!!

Comment

Hi Norrie and welcome to nesa. Just in case ur wondering, we met at LA last easter. I was the drunken Geordie fishing with Davem
            Regards, Graham

Comment

Hi Graham, Sorry for the late reply mate...lost the bleedin link ...AGAIN...How you doing ??? Sobered up ???? good to hear from you again !!!

Comment

I did mine and loved it!

Quick review here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bait-Reviews/powerboat_level_two.html

Like the watered down beer we drink down South, it was more expensive than Norrie\'s

Comment

Elton, EVERYTHING is more expensive than mine..!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X