Warm water monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm water monster

porbeagles havent got a look in anymore, a xavvdsmaa of 60lb has been taken from Blyth in a commercial net only a few hours ago. Will post photos later, no doubt you will hear about it sooner or later.
    Alan

nobody heard yet well well
    Alan

Comment

i heard a sword fish was caught in the salmon nets

is that the story al

sless

Comment

could be right sless about a mile off Blyth, somebdy said it has been on Tyne Tees News. Could be in journal tomorrow? got some canny photos of the fish and the skipper, will post them when i see what happens with them.
        Alan

Comment

Now that is what i call an interesting storey!
          Regards, Graham

Comment

Dont think its quite time yet for glow sticks and squid.
            But who knows

I\'ve got to say the tv news reporting last night about sharks was not good for their image. One day the media will run a story without the Jaws theme music and enphasis on the killers on our beaches. Instead they will focus on the potential benifits to tourism and the region in general if a shark fishing industry can be proven in this region.

if swords do start making appearances just think how much the charter prices will go up!

dave
            Save our Sharks Member
            SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
            NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Dave the tourist industry isnt headline making even if it will bring in thousands of pounds, but somebody getting chomped on the beach is, even if it has a detrimental effect. Did not see the bit on the tele sounds as if they dramatised everything.
              Alan

Comment

Saw on the news yesterday about the mako shark the fishermen from Seaham were talking about (with local kids shouting and giving the finger behind the news reporter). Looking forward to the photos
                <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

photos and story could be in Journal tomorrow or you can always wait.
                  Alan

Comment

i heard sam harris had a tope run the other night

sless

Comment

Go on Alan I dare ya to post the picture on here tonight,
                      I even bought the journal today but nothing about it.
                      Guess you\'ll make me wait till tomorra tho

Saw a photo posted on the wsf forum of a porbeagle supposedly caught off Sunderland recently, shame it was down the fish key tho

[Edited on 8/8/2006 by Codfather]

Comment

cant post photos anywhere at the moment copyright and all that, the lad i sent them too was off yesterday that is why they wherent in today. Got the paper myself.
                        Alan

Comment

as if by magic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5256918.stm

see your nemesis got a mention alan

Comment

I like this bit in the report...

\"Mr Dent, a father of two, apparently tried to free the swordfish, but its long beak was damaging his net, so he had to kill it.\"

Yep, well worth killing it then
                            Davy

Comment

just been reading through all the spiel i could find on our ocean wanderer that is 1,000\'s of miles of course. Well it sems not, the only remarkable fact i can find is the depth of water it was in, being a deep water species, the north sea would only have one disadvantage against this species \"its depth\". Apparently Spain and Portugal are the biggest harvesters of swordfish and it can live in cold water as it has what is called a brain heater (central heating) seems to be quite a remarkable fish.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X