Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Shark_July report

Hi Lads
    just a quick report on yesterdays excursion.
    Headed out early, into a nice bright day, tactics for the passengers were wrecks, so i headed off into the sun.

With reports from the ground, that there is plenty of macks about with some nice whities, but cod were scarce.

So a few wrecks was the order of the day, with a nice calm sea and decent tides the lads were fired up for it.

We did 4-5 wrecks, with no fish and the moral was dropping faster than a norwegian pirk.

Number 6 got us into a couple of codlings 6 lb & 6-1/2 lb and the heads were up with the crack around the deck spot on.

We had another wreck close by and that put the lads into a couple more codling 3-1/2 lb and 4 lb and a few ling.

Eric from smoggy land hadn't been out for 40 years and he was over the moon just to be afloat, after blowing the dust off his gear, bang, rod doubled up and up she
    came, a nice ling of 14lb. That was his day made up and heaviest on the boat showing the younguns how to do it.

I had a car salesman from collieries who tried his best to sell me a motor....nearly ended up with a bl00dy micra that had been chipped !!!! ha, nice try.

It was hard work and fishing was very poor, but they ended up with 4 cod and 5 ling, macks and a couple of herring

Regards
    Denny
    Lone Shark Charters

dennis.lilley@gmail.com

thanks for a good day den some quality fish a think we got more than most boats listening to the other reports cant wait for next trip

Comment

cheers steve
      its lookin good mid week for the late 1

Comment

Working...
      X