Fun in the Fjords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in the Fjords

Hi lads, myself, Nicky, Ben and Codboy had a trip over to Skarnsundet Fishcamp run by Phill Dale of Nordicsportfishing.com.

The objective of this trip was to try to catch as many different species as we could on light gear. Hopefully manage some Torsk and Ling from the deep water and if we caught anything big along the way that would be a bonus.

Ben caught the best fish of the trip below, a 22lb cod which was quite a story in itself! Ben's previous best cod was around 5lb.

We have loads of pics so I've just added the best in the videos below or we would have had a report about ten foot long.

Best points of the trip, plenty of fish once we located them. Arm aching action with coalies between 2lb to 7lb with plenty going 5lb and over. Pollack all beasts around 8 to 9lb that fight like demons! Cod to 22lb on spinning gear! Haddock and Plaice to 5lb. Torsk and Ling to 12lb. Whiting, Dab, Mackeral, Herring and Gurnard made up the species list.

Ben (Seatrout on NESA) taking a 22lb cod on a light spinning rod but the biggest surprise was on unhooking, a small codling had took his spinner which was then engulfed by the bigger cod. How the big fish stayed on I'll never know. Ben looks cool in the video but he confided in me later that his arse was properly going big style!

A lifejacket suddenly inflated onboard sending us all scurrying, personally I nearly jumped overboard when it went off.

The random stuff you come out with when tired sent us all into stitches

Nicky's explosive fish curry was a good un, my arse was burning for a day or two later.

Bad points KLM service and baggage delivery

So I hope you enjoy the videos below, we certainly enjoyed the trip, highs and lows.

Sea Angling Reports at Skarnsundet, Norway. - YouTube

Ben's arse going with a 22lb cod on his little lure rod. Ben caught a small codling on a spinner using a light lure rod and moments later the bigger fish engulfed the smaller. I picked the video up just after the fish took Ben back to the bottom. How on earth it stayed on is beyond me, watch Nicky "unhook" the fish.

22lb Cod on a light spinning rod - YouTube

Torsk (Lumb in Norway) from the deeps of Skarnsundet, we all caught one. Horrible looking fish but for a strange reason, one I've always wanted to catch.

Skarnsundet002001 - YouTube

Ling on a day it reached 25 degrees in Norway

Skarnsundet001 - YouTube

So I hope you enjoyed the report, what a laugh. Really can't wait to go back again.

Well done Dave. An amazing trip for the 4 of you. Looks like Norway summer fishing is just as good as the winter time.
    Well done to Ben on the biggest fish.
    I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Comment

not much from you lately dave
      now we know you saved everything up for one heck of a report,pics and vid.

great stuff well done to all
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Quality report! I'm off there in October but I'm shore fishing, same person I've booked with Phill Dale. Looks the part. Looking forward to it.
        Always got it!

Comment

Cheers lads, I've not been out that much lately was saving myself for this trip Duncan. I have had a couple of poor trips at Whitby on the boats though with a good shore fishing session at St Abbs a couple of weeks ago. P[lus flounders from the Tyne that sort of thing.

Hope you have a good trip Brashy.

Comment

Cheers for the report Jv it was a great 5 days a lot different from the winter shore fishing.

Heres a couple of Pollack I got using a Yuki Orion spinning rod these rods have plenty of back bone to handle any powerfull fish I used this for 90% of the fishing over there and there cheap as chips

Cheers Nicky
            http://skarnsundet-fishing.com/
            http://www.sfc.no/ https://www.facebook.com/SFC2014/?fref=ts

Comment

Fantastic report! Cheers!
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Excellent report and pics as usual JV. Looks like you had a cracking time out there!
                People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Class fish there! once in a life time ... till next year

Comment

Cracking pics m8 looks brill

Comment

quality fishing on light tackle lads well done in norway again february but a summer trip boat fishing is definitely on the cards.
                      excellent report

Comment

Great report n pics, i am typing this from the land of the midnight sun. We just finished our first day and it was great. Your report captured the feel of this expensive but truly bob amazing part of the world.
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great report and pics Dave, thanks for sharing

Comment

Fantastic cracking fish and youtube channel

Comment

Well done Dave. If u ever short of a man on one of your trips let me know.

Mick.
                              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X