The Jester 14.07.2013. Hard Going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jester 14.07.2013. Hard Going...

Picked Deano up at 5.00 this morning with high hopes of doing some favourite wrecks up north, well things didnt go exactly to plan...

Left the marina into a snotty sea that the bit of northerly had kicked up from yesterday....slammed our way at 12 knotts some 8 miles, determined not to turn back, fortune favours the brave as Dunc says....

10 drifts on our fave wreck returned 3 whities and as much macky as you wanted, next wreck nowt, nowt, whitey, nowt and so it went on.....

By now we were 3 miles from home and finally a bit of action, a Pollock around 5lb.....

Rob....i'm getting closer mate....

and thats it.....a few codling taken close in today by other boats, but that wasnt for us, sights were set high for a lunker.....but we tried and died...
    but hey...thats fishing....

This fella popped up next to the boat and scared the life out of Deano

Boats dont half clean down easier with a few coats of polish on....

Unlucky mate great pics especially of the seal

Comment

Unlucky for you both but at least you gave it a good try. Bet Deans Ar&e was knitting socks when that fella popped up mind.

Comment

Aye it was a hard shift today mate but thoroughly enjoyed the trip out and the crack cant beat it that seal did frighten the crap out of me at first i thought you where into a fish and heavily breathing untill i turned around and 2 big eyes was lookin at me lol cheers again for the trip out mate spot on as always
        Cod machine

Comment

Hard going eh Chris, I kills me when the forecast looks great with glass like seas and gentle zephrys and you get to the open sea to be met by a snotty chop! Nigtmare, anyway at least you go out and caught!

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
            Aye it was a hard shift today mate but thoroughly enjoyed the trip out and the crack cant beat it that seal did frighten the crap out of me at first i thought you where into a fish and heavily breathing untill i turned around and 2 big eyes was lookin at me lol cheers again for the trip out mate spot on as always
            Heavy breathing ...eyes popping out my heed ....aye it does sound like me pulling a fish in...

Comment

Haha toppa mate bet rob gets a panic on when he sees that Pollock
              Cod machine

Comment

A hard day but a few fish Chris. Good on you.
                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
                  Haha toppa mate bet rob gets a panic on when he sees that Pollock
                  mine was the size of the seal....

Comment

lean times for everyone chris roll on next trip theres got to be a good one round the corner for us all
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

great report Chris , it's not about the catch it's about the fishing ...
                      and by the sound of it you had plenty

great pics mate and a real good close up of the seal, it must have been attracted by the smell of oranges

norm
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                        God.....its getting bigger....

Aye Dunc...our time will come......dunno when, but it will come...

Day off tmoro, so i might have another dabble....

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                          Pmsl mint

The wrecks are full of feed so its only a matter of time till we all hit jackpot
                          Cod machine

Comment

That may be the problem Norm.....Deano keeps forgetting the oranges... i must have a word with him...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                              That may be the problem Norm.....Deano keeps forgetting the oranges... i must have a word with him...
                              No problem skipper ill pay fruiter a visit next time to be on safe side
                              Cod machine

Comment

Working...
                              X