Tackle Tickler 16.07.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tackle Tickler 16.07.13

Had a nice morning fishing, left hartlepool yacht club 6am, tried fishing the hard ground, nothing but whities, so steamed out to a wreck 9 mile, we had a little bit of success with an 8lb cod, 6lb coalie and 4 ling around 6lb to 7lb. The fish were obviously there, but we couldnt get to them for the mackerel. We still enjoyed it with flat calm sea blazing sunshine and a good laugh. Just a pity i had to be at work for 12.30, got back to yacht club 11.30. Cod was caught on black hockies, coalie on twin tails, ling on baited jigger. Caught the coalie and a ling together, thought i had hooked into a clonker lol.

Sounds like you had a good day Phil ....except having to go to work afterwards...

Comment

Well done on the cod 6lb coalie ? You sure it wasn't a Pollock if was a coalie that's a monster
      Cod machine

Comment

Ye sure mate, its the biggest coalie i'v seen(apart from norway). Im trying to upload a photo from my phone with not much success, will try from home later on.

Comment

Tackle Tickler lol i love that
          Usually found on Crimdon beach with two Springers!!

Comment

My mistake Deano it probably is a pollack, i'v only ever caught pollack in Wales and the south and they'v all been brown in colour, and this one is silver at the botom and very dark on top, just assumed it was a coalie,. Gave me a good scrap anyway especialy being a double hook up.

Comment

Its possible it is a coalie mate not doubting that as have seen some big ones the bottom lip normally pertrudes the top one which is an easy sign and are golden in colour there has been a canny few Pollock caught that's why i thought it must be either way its a cracking fish and a good day out for you what more could you want
              Cod machine

Comment

Me with the coalie ( i think) and a ling

//////
                Last edited by phil1; 16-08-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like a coalie mate well done its a cracker
                  Cod machine

Comment

Huge that! Well done!

Comment

Definitely a coalie mate, and a cracker at that. Pollock are getting common anyway. good session.
                      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Cracking fish, let's face it anyone can catch a 6lb pollack at the moment......... Except me of course...... Not seen a coaly that size for a long time. Well done

Comment

looks like a coalie.

well done.

Mick.
                          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Some nice fish, crackin coalie.

Comment

Thanks lads for all your comments, i'm back out tommorow with my son and father inlaw, weather permitting, forecasting 10mph north eastlies from 1pm so will probably have to cut the trip short, will try the same wreck and will let you know how i got on.

Comment

Working...
                              X