Lucy Olivia 19/07/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 19/07/13

Last minute skive from work decided to get a couple of hours in this morning before the wind picked up a bit, as usual not out as early as planned but leaving the marina at 7am to a nice sea but looking at the horizon it wouldn't last long, headed out to a wreck about 4 mile mark dropped down, wind picked up and sea became snotty very quickly, decided to get a few mackerel quickly for the bbq and head back in, closer to shore although the sea was lifting it was fishable so headed north against it to souter thinking if it gets worse at least its following me back in!!

Drift was fast but after 5 mins hit into a nice plump 8lber, only in about 4oft of water, with the drift speed as well it gave a cracking fight, thought it was that elusive double ..... but not to be!

Took another 4 cod around 3 to 4lb, all close in and on tiger twin tails, only had 3 drifts and weather was getting worse, heavy sea fret came down and bigger swells started to turn over a bit so decided time to head home, only managed a couple of hours but still enjoyable, weather turned lovely when I got back into marina so sat in the sun for a couple hours...... sorry I mean cleaned the boat!!

welldone and some nice fish enjoy the barbie m8
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

TUT TUT Skiving from work Dave....

Well done on the catch, in not ideal conditions....i'm off next week and typically the weather is iffy...

Comment

Nice one, great report and fab fish .... well done.

looks like the fish are still on the spring run on the hard ground as well as on the wrecks, its usually either / or

cheers

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Fish seem to be in different locations every trip out at the moment Norman, makes it interesting trying to find em of course!!!

Feeling guilty about skiving now Chris, looks like I will be going in for a few hours in the morning to compensate! Bet you have been watching that weather thinking just hold for another week, typical it will just be the east coast that changes next week, I'm sure you will still manage at trip or two though mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Codcrazy View Post
            Fish seem to be in different locations every trip out at the moment Norman, makes it interesting trying to find em of course!!!

Feeling guilty about skiving now Chris, looks like I will be going in for a few hours in the morning to compensate! Bet you have been watching that weather thinking just hold for another week, typical it will just be the east coast that changes next week, I'm sure you will still manage at trip or two though mate?
            Hopefully Dave...trainers at the ready for a quick dash out.....

The more you skive...the less guilty you feel....

Comment

Good report and some nice fish.

Comment

Working...
              X