Shady 27/07/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady 27/07/13

Bert, Jim (Uncle Benny) and myself this morning, we planned a 4.30am meet but I was down the quay early about 4.10am and Jim wasn't far behind me. Strangely the yard gate was unlocked and as Jim and I entered the yard I noticed the dingy was gone, the skipper was only down even earlier, the dingy was launched, the boat fueled up and he was waiting for us with a cunning plan in mind.

First stop the pier end wrecks where we were soon joined by Norman and Tony who kindly handed over our brekkie - Cheers lads

Not a lot of action at the pier end so it was off to the wrecks all on the way to Bert's cunning plan, again not much happening so back to plan A. I believe Bert has had these GPS numbers in his wallet for some time but we've never got round to trying the area. On arrival action straight away in the form of some large whitings but it didn't take long for Bert to position us to avoid the pests and from then on it was just cod, cod, cod, the odd whiting and then more cod. Just magical fishing, lean fighting 5lbers, two, sometimes three at a time. After a few drifts just to make sure it wasn't gonna stop Bert made a quick call to alert the Slinky crew - I'll not spoil their catch report.

We expected the fishing to stop with the tide but it just carried on, by about 10.30 we could take no more and headed back in.

Sorry only one more pic as there just wasn't time

Cheers Bert & Jim for a magical morning, keep up the cunning plans
    Cheers, Keith.

Fantastic morning Keith well done to you all
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Thats what i call a good days fishing.. nice one lads..

Comment

Now thats boat fishing few boxers of fish and a few beers like your style

Comment

Well done lads im a big fan of big tides for exactly this reason it don't happen all big tides but when it does the results are mint as you have shown top stuff
          Cod machine

Comment

Cracking fishing, it's the thought of that kind of day keep us all fishing, you soon forget that it is actually hard work and you end up very happy but knackered, always helps that it was a fantastic morning to be afloat this morning! Well done and enjoy the filleting!!!!

Comment

Great report, well done. First photo's my favourite

Comment

Wow, it's evening now and I think the filleting's finished .. .......

pictures off to Tone for him to pen the report ....... mojo replenished ! ... phew, class .......

cheers lads

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done Kieth, think you passed us on ur way bk in was out in red sib, noticed all gulls following you so thought ud have had good day, I managed 1 5lber and 1 small ling, very quiet close in

Comment

Great day for all concerned eh??

Good to see you out there lads and cheers for the call

our report tomorrow...

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                    I AGREE

Comment

Thanks Bert and Keith for a tiring but brilliant mornings fishing looking forward to your report Tony

Comment

Brilliant catch lads, well done.

Comment

Great mornings fishing with good company ! These days don't happen very often but when they do ...... Wow !
                          I've been meaning to try this ground for a while now and boy did it produce ! A fish on every time your gear hit the bottom ,huge chikinz and big coalies with cod mixed in ! It must be a feeding frenzy down there ! All family and friends are having kerd an chips this week !
                          Thanks chaps
                          Last edited by Tadpoleman; 28-07-2013, 09:23 AM.
                          Cheers Bert

Comment

NOWthats fishing,please send some of them north

good stuff well done also big tide/small tide myth smashed again big style
                            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

cracking session always said the big tides often produce the best fishing big well done
                              FISHING

Comment

Working...
                              X