Slinky Kate 27/07/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 27/07/13

I’ve been away for two weeks and missed nothing by all accounts…in fact I come back to an air of despondency, depression and light hearted talk of “Is it worth it?”

Last three trips totalling 100 miles at 1.6 fish per every 5.2 hours fished…this isn’t Slinky talk!!…what the blue blazes is going on??

So the aim today wasn’t about just catching fish it was about finding Norms mojo!

A lie in 0430 start sees us up and out and beyond the piers…couldn’t have asked for a better day in terms of weather and the sea was lovely and smooth…Slinky raced to our breakfast handover with the lads on Shady like a knife through butter

After pleasantries and a bit craic we head off for the horizon…was this the week to reverse all the poor trips? Well not if the first 3 hours were anything to go by – one 8lb Ling and just a few mackerel…hmmm I could see Norms face growing longer and longer

Being the only daft souls up and about at that time we could hear the roar of Shady as it scouted about in the distance…all the while we went from wreck to wreck and for no reward. At one point we found ourselves at the 12 miles mark and were in fact heading further out when Norm took the call that would change our fortunes!!

20 mins later at full tilt and with the sight of dolphins on the way (always a good omen) we found ourselves back alongside Bert and the lads and they were digging in good and proper!

When in Rome as they say…

The next few hours were a fish frenzy of Cod, huge Tings and more Cod…coming in all the while in 1s, 2s and 3s!!!

With the pressure off us in terms of fish in the box we even had time to experiment with some of the shapes and sizes of our product line that as yet haven’t seen a Cods gaping maw

Yup, they work…Oooh so do they! And so on…

We also found time to try the speed jigs and the novelty pirks from Chris’ thread from a couple of years ago…aye for real - fish catchers all!

Finally called it a day midday’ish with two boxes brim-full of Fish and an untold amount of smaller stuff returned for the future

Great day, great craic and great to see Normski get his mojo back

Pics of the day:

Cheers for reading

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Brilliant report, brilliant photos, brilliant morning!!!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

good to see you lads with smiles on your faces and fish on the hooks.

nice to see norman "pipeing" them aboard

you aint lost your reporting skills in your two week absence tony,class stuff allround
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Nice one Tone, great report ....... what a day ........

It all adds to the wonder of fishing ......... wonder why the concentration in one area whilst total absence in most others. ?

A great day out and many thanks to lucky eddie for the tip off ... cheers.
        mojo well restored but filleting fingers worn out (however the apprentice filleters bowl dont look too bad)

just a couple of pics to add ....

The tailess shad still catching .....

and The Shady crew in action ... .........

cheers

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done lads, cant remember seeing so many doubles and trebles in a report for some time. The conditions looked so perfect
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Cracking read and pics Tony and Norm i forgot all about the Copper Pipe Killer Pirk Tonys face with the triple header is a beauty.....

By the sounds of it they were taking anything that moved, i bet that spot is well and truely plotted....

Comment

Fantastic report as usual Tony, but I noticed in a lot of the pics, Norwegian lead pirks and muppets, had Normans mojo even doubted the effectiveness of the homemade winter work. Not so, as I read on, things restored to normal.
              Like the pic of Norm plumbing new depths to catch a fish lol, and that's a canny haul in one drop for you Tony.
              Excellent stuff lads, keep it up, Brill.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Great report and pics boys, i'm still recovering. Thanks Bert

Comment

Nice one Norman and tony, smiles all round. Happy days.

Comment

Wow looks like a great morning to be out afloat well done to you's all
                    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Well done Tony & Norman, one of those right place right time days!

Comment

Well done teams Slinky and Shady; cracking fishing in conditions that look ideal. It’s good to read that even in a slow season like this year, some bumper days are still possible.
                        Nice write-ups too, thanks or posting.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                          Fantastic report as usual Tony, but I noticed in a lot of the pics, Norwegian lead pirks and muppets, had Normans mojo even doubted the effectiveness of the homemade winter work. Not so, as I read on, things restored to normal.
                          Like the pic of Norm plumbing new depths to catch a fish lol, and that's a canny haul in one drop for you Tony.
                          Excellent stuff lads, keep it up, Brill.
                          arthur, the master said "pirks" so we did with loads of success .... thanks bert
                          (but the slinkys still performed )
                          norm
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Video posted - enjoy .... http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/boat-ca...013-video.html

norm
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Well done Norman. Was at airshow today and had binoculars. Could see few boats out enjoying show and having time to fish as well.

Mick.
                              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X