Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Olivia 27/07/13

Another cracking morning to be afloat!!

Different plan today with me being coach and crewman for a mate and his son. I had been promising to take him and his lad out and let him try a bit of fishing, apparently he is hooked on watching wicked tuna and is expecting something along those lines!! With the forecast being flat in the morning it was an ideal chance to get him out, have a fish then anchor up close to home and watch the airshow.
    We were afloat at 7am to what can only be described as a perfect day, glass like sea and glorious sunshine, decided to get a few mackerel under their belts as a starter on very light gear and a single dexter wedge as a small pirk, headed out to a 3 mile wreck where there seems to be a permanent shoal of big mackerel over the top of, first drop down and within 20ft young lad gets his first taste of fishing and a nice mackerel about a pound going berserk on the light gear. then followed an hour of nonstop me unhooking fish for the pair of them, after a chat and a cuppa decided to try for some cod for them, only managed one small 2lb fish over the wreck so headed into souter, by this time it was starting look like poole harbour with all the boats arriving for the airshow! Set up a drift very close in and set dad away with bouncing a twin tail along the bottom, young lad says can I just fish for mackerel again, of course says me, drops his dexter wedge down hits bottom and literally bang gets hit by a 6lb cod!!

Finished with 6 cod between them biggest 6.5lb but all good keepers, enough mackerel to keep their BBQ busy for the rest of the year and one very happy and hooked young angler.
    Not to mention a great couple of hours watching the airshow!

a great session the look on the lads face says it all welldone
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Great stuff Dave like you say it was a perfect day to be afloat, and ideal for training youngsters, the smile says it all...

Comment

Geet big smile on his face...nice one
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

superb ..........

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

There’s a happy lad, you’ll have made his day. Two more regular crew for you.

Comment

Excellent mate the smile on the young lads face says it all
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

The smile says it all m8, he will be hooked for life.

Comment

Great introduction to fishing for the lad, just imagining his face when that cod came to the surface good on ya mate.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Excellent report. I was at the airshow Sunday and could see with my binoculars quite a few fishing from boats. Even the bigger cruiser/yachts which were anchored up.
                    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                    X