X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabstick boys out on boat doing deadliest catch

Toonboymc Mad rob and Codfather 145 went out on dougys boat this morning
    I have been excited all week.
    I had lads from down south sending me lures,shads and hokias up for free with is very much appreciated cheers to chris Elliot off Nesa
    Got to Roker marina at 8.30 and off we went
    Dougy the skipper said he would take us out but said that the wind would make it hard to stick to the bottom but we were there and ready
    Went out about 4/5 miles
    1st drop and I just hit bottom and I'm in did not know if it was of any size as I had never used the boat rod ( free off fisherman 58 cheers) up comes a cod of about 1 1/2 lb and a makki. I was over the moon daylights with rag
    Both fish returned
    Then dougy was in 3 makki
    Then we reeled in and moved back to the drift cos the wind was pushing the boat to fast and we couldn't stick to the bottom
    But we kept going then rob got a small pouting
    Codfather then pulled in a nice looking cod of about 1 1/2 which went back
    Dougy pulled up a codling of about 3 lb which was kept
    Rob pulled in a cod of 1 1/2 all about the same stamp
    Makki were coming 3 at a time but all were returned
    Then after about an hour bang it hit me sorry boys not a fish but SEA SICKNESS that was me none stop spuing over board, drink fluids only to bring it straight back up
    Rob pulled a lovely coalie of about 2 lb which went back
    Gave it another hour or so and headed back cutting our trip 4 hrs short
    Dougy gave me the 3 lb cod for my efforts cheers mate
    Not the best session but I have learnt a lot of knowledge for my next trip which will be soon
    First listen to the skippers advice about the wind
    Second eat ginger and it will stop the sickness hopefully
    3rd when using braid put gloves on ( I have about 100 cuts on my thumb throbbing)
    But even though nothing big we all enjoyed it 2 hours later and I am still got shakey legs , tight stomach and slashed thumb and ill on settee but
    Free rod. Free tackle and a free cod supper
    Plus dougy gave us a discount on the price for today cheers mate
    As I've said before some great lads on the site chris Elliot, fisherman 58 ( Stevie )
    And a big apology from me for not taking any pics spuing up and shaking could not be bothered
    Till next time enjoy while I enjoy my fish super which after gutting it and taking head n tail off it weighed over a 1 lb. for the 2 fillets
    Last edited by toonboymc; 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM.
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Unlucky on the sea sickness mate. Take "calms" 2 hours before boarding and at 2 hourly intervals. At least you got a few fish and more experience for next time.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great report mate not the best day for boat fishing but you gained some experience and had a few fish, and next time will be much better...

Comment

Hey! you got a few fish in what must have been choppy conditions, so well done mate. Better luck next time on the seasickness. A good tip for next time, have rigs ready to clip straight on if you get snapped off etc: it's rummaging around in your fishing box and tying hooks back on with your head down that brings it on.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
          Hey! you got a few fish in what must have been choppy conditions, so well done mate. Better luck next time on the seasickness. A good tip for next time, have rigs ready to clip straight on if you get snapped off etc: it's rummaging around in your fishing box and tying hooks back on with your head down that brings it on.
          yes m8 its wot started it bending down to get a replacement weight out of my bag then that was iy game over lol
          KOMPRESSOR SPORT
          PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
          PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
          OKUMA TRIO 55
          YUKI RUBYMAR
          RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
            yes m8 its wot started it bending down to get a replacement weight out of my bag then that was iy game over lol
            I went out on a boat it was that rough the piers were shut i was ill as soon as we stopped put me off a bit but nothing like that if conditions are better honestly mate

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
              I went out on a boat it was that rough the piers were shut i was ill as soon as we stopped put me off a bit but nothing like that if conditions are better honestly mate
              hope so phil i would like to catch a few decent cod my pb cod is about 4 pound off the pier so hoping to smash that lol
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

sending you some heavy duty magic toony,stugereon,you will never get sea sick again,great sea sickness tablets,there is a bonus they don't make you feel sleepy,ive been using them for years,theres no point in paying out wedge to be on the boat if you are giving it the technicolur yawn,cheers chris
                sometimes i sits and thinks,but thinks better whilst sitting on a rock fishing

Comment

Unlucky on the sea sickness Mick, that's why I don't go out on the boats. One dat I'm fine, the next I start spewing as soon as there's any movement.
                  Seems like you enjoyed the time you had.
                  People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

You will kick the backside out of your coddy pb mate if you keep up on the boats! Unlucky on the seasickness..... never something that's ever bothered me (seem to have a good stomach luckily), know a lad however who gets seasick on the pier hahaha. Get those tablets doon ya neck and book another trip! Well done on the fish
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Cheers boys I'm getting some magic tablets sent up from chris Elliot cheers once again and then it will be cod city for me only going to keep double figure cod lol
                      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                      OKUMA TRIO 55
                      YUKI RUBYMAR
                      RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

I used to be sick every time I went out. Rockin boat,Diesel fumes, and fish guts = me balking for England.
                        I have now been out loads of times and am mastering it. I always take sea sickness tablets, avoid the fumes as best as I can and try to keep head from deck--sometimes difficult when gutting my fish but although I still feel squeegee I am ok-stick with it.
                        Mick.
                        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                        X