• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: Diablo 19/8/06 by Mogthemackem

Subject: Diablo 19/8/06
    Mogthemackem

posted on 22/8/2006 at 12:01
    Just to give you a little write up of my boat trip last Saturday. There was 8 of us fishing (only me a fisherman). The sea was really, really rough and after an hour and a half we had to turn back to the Tyne, not to finish fishing but to drop one of the lads off who couldn't handle being seasick for another 5 hours lol. The fishing itself wasn't very good as there was very little but mackrel around. All the lads were using baited daylights as they didn't know enough to use other traces. They were pulling in tonnes of mackrel which kept them well entertained (especially the full houses). We tried all sorts of rough ground and wrecks ut to about 15 miles out. The species we caught were pouting, coalies, mackrel, codling (1 by me ) and a ling, 1 by me (on crab and lug) but my very first and long waited for ling and around the 10lb mark but the skipper didn't have his scales so I'm still going to have to wait for my first official 10lber . Apart from me getting a bit sea sick for the last couple of hours we still had a good day out and the skipper tried everything he could to find us fish but it was very hard to get through the mackrel - I was even getting them on stripped hooks on the retrieve.

Still waiting for the lads to email me the photos but will put them on when I get them.

Norman

Old Timer

posted on 22/8/2006 at 20:36
    Nice one mate, well done for sticking it out .......

KeithB

Old Timer

posted on 23/8/2006 at 19:52
    Well done m8

X