The Cowpen Queen 07/08/13 A New PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cowpen Queen 07/08/13 A New PB

Last Nights trip was the first off for ages for me due to the dreaded work and ten nights camping up at Brighouse Bay with the Wifey and kids as soon as I got home! It was great though and we even got sunburnt in Scotland which was a first!
    Off tonight and through the piers to a flat calm see and a gentle breeze which dropped to light airs as the session progressed.

The weather was amazing but the fish weren't playing fair with only the ever obliging Mackerel showing on a fair few wrecks.
    There were clouds of fish/bait showing on some but still no luck!

With slack water approaching I though I would copy a certain KeithB's method and made up a few squid and mackerel sasauges in the attempt of a few ling.
    First drop down and I was into a 7 and a half pounder with a fair few to me and Micky after that. Micky also waded in with a couple of codlings, the only two of the night!
    A move of wreck as that one went a bit quiet was called for and after a couple of minutes on the bottom I got a good take and struck into it.
    The fish gave me a great fight on a new 8-12lb class rod which was christened last night and Micky did a cracking job with the gaff(not Knocking it off!).

I was busting some moves and throwing some shapes on the deck afterwards as it was a new PB ling of 15lb dead for me and the biggest fish we have landed on our current boat!
    I know still not as big as a certain Ling Micky caught when we had Growler out of Amble but still big enough to have me still smiling writing this report the morning after!
    The weather was the best I have had all season and I can't wait to get home in three weeks time as I am back to work today! Hopefully the season stays going a bit longer with it starting late, fingers crossed anyway.

Graham.
    Last edited by Graham B; 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM.

Its about time you caught a decent fish, well done.

Comment

Cracking report Graham, that is a nice fish, great photo's too. With seas like that, you'll be chomping at the bit to get back out in three weeks time now that the holiday commitments are done.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

That's a cracking fish Graham and what a night it was to be out at sea. Well done to the pair of you.

Comment

looks nice out there mate well done
          did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Nice one Graham, not too sure about the shades though
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Well done on the double Graham looked like a canny night to be afloat...

I see the Growler every day, its down in Seaham Marina...

Comment

Nice one lads! Well done on the Ling Graham! Looked a cracking evening to be out!

Comment

Great stuff Graham, be sure to keep reminding Micky that you have the CQ,s pb .

Comment

Happy days pal, cracking report. Hope the kids never seen the dad dancing tho.

Comment

I will do Ray, all ok Oooop Norf? Haven't seen any reports from you for a while?

Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham B View Post
                        I will do Ray, all ok Oooop Norf? Haven't seen any reports from you for a while?

Graham.
                        A combination of different things have curtailed my outings this season graham , one of which was a house move, which puts me equidistant between amble and royal quays , ..... Big decision to make for next year, stay at amble , move to quays or sell the boat and build a state of the art koi carp pond in what my wife assures me is my final garden ???

Comment

Originally posted by oldessox View Post
                          A combination of different things have curtailed my outings this season graham , one of which was a house move, which puts me equidistant between amble and royal quays , ..... Big decision to make for next year, stay at amble , move to quays or sell the boat and build a state of the art koi carp pond in what my wife assures me is my final garden ???
                          sell the boat ?

well......hmmm....

Comment

well done cracking P.B.
                            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

It's a tricky one Ray, if it was a trout pond rather than a Koi pond I would go for the lake! Honestly the options in RQ's are endless(wreck wise we are still just scratching the surface) and the petrol pump(allthough Pricey) makes life so easy. Also 24 hour safe(no bar) access make it an easier descision.
                              I still miss Amble but am very happy at RQ's. The biggest thing I miss is tucking in tight behind the island in a westerly when you could still get fishing, and the clear water.

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                              X