Bluestrike Amble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluestrike Amble

Managed to get out on Wednesday, after an aborted attempt on Tuesday "flat Battery" I think I left the chart plotter switched on from the last trip out! Anyway out from the marina a couple of hours after low water, headed south onto the hard ground, fished with bait and lures. Fishing was steady, most were small 1-2lb kept one about 3lb
    Because the fishing wasn't exactly great I thought that the time had come to loose my wreck fishing virginity. The sea was flat and no wind to speak of, so of I went to the nearest wreck, marked on my plotter. Eventually found it, and preceeded to try and drift over it. I must have got somewhere close to it, as on the second drift, I was into what felt like a descent fish, but it only went about 4lbs hooked right through the side. Next drift, Bang! this one definitely felt like a decent fish, putting up a great scrap on my 8-12lb SK4 and shimano baitrunner fixed spool reel. It weighed 10lb 4oz so I was well pleased as it is my pb boat caught cod. It went quiet after that with only one more cod of about 3lb. then the fish finder showed a huge dark plume above the wreck, so thinking they were mackerel I dropped a string of feathers down on my spinning rod, I ended up hooking four fat coalfish all identical at over 2lb each.
    It was a great day to be out and best of all getting a pb

Well done very nice fish, good report and your PB.
    In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
    Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
    Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

a cracking fish m8 welldone and nice to beat your pb
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Great report and fishing mate, well done

Comment

Great report and well done on the PB.

Graham.

Comment

Well done Peter. That’s a lovely cod and a good session too.

Comment

Working...
            X