Jester "D" 22.08.2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jester "D" 22.08.2013

Its been 4 weeks since i had a trip out fishing, due to selling the Ex Elite and buying the QS 560 off Rob, and getting it the way i wanted, with the addition of a radio CD and a Yamaha 4hp auxillary engine.

So today i've been watching the trees all day and there hadn't been much movement, a text to Deano and we were down the marina for 5.45...

This for me was a chance to get used to the new electrics on the boat, so a quick dash off to a nearby wreck, i put us straight over it to see where the drift was, Deano dropped over while i tried to adjust the settings on the plotter and he hit a nice 6lb'er on the heed....

Meanwhile in the engine room.... the skipper was struggling to work the new plotter , so a return to factory setting was done, and i lost the waypoints i'd put in.. and we were somewhere in Oklahoma when it restarted..

All this cos i couldnt get the thing to show trails...

10 mins later all was good, found the wreck, waypointed it and trails showing....

I had to get used to the new sounder as well, so while Deano was playing fish......i was playing with the electrics....

A quick hours fishing trip, getting used to the boat and a bit fishing thrown in on a lovely evening......happy days..... Thanks to Deano for the company and the re-assuring advice....."You should have brought the manual"..

I bet you were chuffed as to get out Chris. Looks great!
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

first of many chris nice warm cabin for the winter
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Seems like months since we was last out mate thanks for letting me tag along on the test run it was mint despite the teething troubles and you converted me into fishing light rod lol the boat is a cracker mate loads of space mint ride in sure next time the manual for the plotter will be in your back pocket hehe cheers again mate next trip the real one
        Cod machine

Comment

Looks a nice Boat & good to see Deano Catching on the Orange thingamybobs.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
            Seems like months since we was last out mate thanks for letting me tag along on the test run it was mint despite the teething troubles and you converted me into fishing light rod lol the boat is a cracker mate loads of space mint ride in sure next time the manual for the plotter will be in your back pocket hehe cheers again mate next trip the real one
            Just went to get the manual out mate.....and guess what....i put it on the boat last week.....

The cabin is great Dunc, i'd forgot what a luxury they are, never got round to putting the kettle on this time though...

Comment

Don't need it mate ive got it on my phone just downloaded it incase of emergency lol you can delete all trails at once instead of one at a time mate here is the download if you need it
              Get on the water! Find Garmin, Lowrance, Humminbird and more marine GPS, chartplotters, fishfinders, transducers and more online in Canada.
              Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by kingcod deano View Post
                Don't need it mate ive got it on my phone just downloaded it incase of emergency lol you can delete all trails at once instead of one at a time mate here is the download if you need it
                http://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Low...DS7_Manual.pdf
                Thanks for that mate, i'm downloading it now

Comment

Nice evening trip out , canny fish Deano

Comment

First one under the belt Chris. Once you've familia........... fermileris........ got used to the plotter things will flow naturally and you'll get more time to fish. looked a great day to be out. good luck with her.
                    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                      First one under the belt Chris. Once you've familia........... fermileris........ got used to the plotter things will flow naturally and you'll get more time to fish. looked a great day to be out. good luck with her.
                      These "New fangled Lowrance plotters" have your head done in, all you need is a line to where you are going, and a trail to see where you've been... but once i'm familia........... fermileris......used to it, i'll be ok....

Comment

Working...
                      X