Pollacks again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollacks again

Had a trip out last night for a few hours after macky for the winter but to no joy they've become scarce here, close in anyhow. Went to option 2, a big high tide, clear water and calm, try for a Pollack over the top of the kelp. Towed a redgill for a while and tried couple of Normans shad eels with reasonable results but kept snagging the bottom. Then used a weighted redgill which must have been fishing 5 or 6ft down which worked well with the light spinning rod, some savage takes and a fight to keep them out the kelp. Ended up keeping a dozen for the freezer (make good fishcakes) the best being about 9-10lb. Phone pics again, not great quality, and fishing solo so limited photos.

Best fish

Nights bag

Going home

Sorry Norman this is what they did to your eels

Colin

nice nights work col.they dont half savage a lure its enough to make you want to massacre them
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
      nice nights work col.they dont half savage a lure its enough to make you want to massacre them
      Don't know if 12 counts as a massacre Duncan, wouldn't if they were cod but I know who to ask!

Comment

Great catch there!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

haha nice one col, at least they love the tails great stuff mate

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Cracking catch well done-I love my Pollack filleted and fried just like my Cod in batter.

Mick.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Very good few hours there mate

Comment

Working...
              X