Stingray 24/08/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 24/08/2013

4th trip out since the end of July and after two out of the last three trips being ones for the moemory books i was hopefull.

Met up with Jonny downthe marina who had a rare day off and we made our way up the river at 6.30am, the fog was thick and i mean thick....we used the gps for the first 3 hours and paased Shields pier about 120 yards off it and never seen a thing but with no wind at all and a flat/smooth sea we kept going.

First stop an inshore wreck where we picked up pouting, whiting then a stop on the tide line and got a bucket of mackerel for the day.

We moved around the wrecks but the first 5 wrecks only produced a keeper pollack for me and a keeper cod for Jonny. We moved off to the wreck that we had bagged up on 11 days previous but only landed pouting and a cod.

Fog lifted, sun was out and the drift was nice not going over 0.7 until mid afternoon but the fish never turned up in any real number.

I decided to try a couple of tackle killer wrecks and we plucked 2 more cod and then Jonny got what he came for a new PB ling of 14lb 5oz.

So in short a nice day at sea with easy fishing due to the drift etc but the fish never turned up in any number. I had hoped to fish Sunday and Monday but due to other things it will be a no go...that said the amount of rain water we had will have the river looking like a mine field so be carefull if heading out.
    Last edited by northeast1; 25-08-2013, 08:28 AM.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Nice one richie and well done jonny on the PB great stuff....

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thanks again Richy for a memorable day aboard Stingray

I was more than happy with the few cod you found but to get a new pb on my first trip out in over a year was brilliant . What started out as a wet lumpy day gradually improved as the day went on and we lost sight of land strange receiving texts about heavy rain back home while we were fishing in flat calm dry sunny conditions

Stingray is a lovely boat and it became obvious during the trip that you look after her very well. So glad I got a chance to meet you and fish on board before she sells.

What a great day

Jonny
      PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Still not a bad result for you & well done on Johnys PB Ling. That fog looks horrendous in your Pic. Hope you have Radar.

Comment

Well done lads, we thought the fishing would improve with the flood tide.

Congrats on the PB Jonny, I was after a decent ling to go with my Thai curry but we only managed a couple just size.

No great numbers of fish for us either but they were a canny stamp, 8, 9, 10 & 12lbers amongst them.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Cheers lads dead chuffed with my fish

Glad you found a few Keith, despite the tide and conditions
            PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Glad to see you still got a few fish aboard. That's a cracking ling too.

It looks flatter than the "flat" forecast we had last week Richy lol
              Tight lines
              Davy

Comment

Yer it was nasty, boarder line no goer when we cleared the piers but forecast was due to drop off and when the tide turned it should have cleared the lump so we stayed close in for the first hour until the tide changed and bang on Que it went flat and the fog lifted.

Not many fish about mind, was very shocked as we had about 4 hours of perfect drifts and flat seas and i would expected at least 15-20 fish more than we got but thats fishing for you, it keeps you guessing :0)

Unable to fish Monday now so glad we made it out Yesterday.
                ................__................................ .............................
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb
                BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done Richie, you a star for taking us lads out. Still remember our trip when the Minky whale and dolphins surfaced near us. And the amount of wrecks u took me to.

Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                  X