Stingray 27.08.2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 27.08.2013

Well i never planned to fish today but with things not going to plan and the sun out i rang my mam to see if she wanted a short trip out before i set off for work.

We set off and spend the first hour trying to catch some mackerel, this was by no means an easy task with very few about but after a move off shore to the Dirty wreck that was wick with small coalies 2,3,4 at a time we managed to land a 11 mackerel for bait so set off to the chosen wrecks.

First two drops on the wreck and we landed 3 cod so a good start...well we thought 2 hours later and no more fish for that wreck or the next 2...we moved around until we found a weck full of SCAD and TBH i was over the moon to land these again as we dont often see them, We took 9 of them upto about 1lb but no keepers.

With the turn of the tide and a SE wind the drift became silly for wreck fishing so we moved close inshore but found very little for the efforts with just tommy codling.

So after a few hours fishing we returned home with 3 fish for the table and about 4 other keepers put back along with about 20 smaller fish.

Nice day at sea and a sun tann but still a lack of fish close in.

................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Well done on finding a few cod m8. The Scad has some nice coloring on it. Does your Mam steer better than me
    PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

No she hates the driving.

The scad is a strange looking fish, we used to get alot of them from Shields pier when i was a kid but dont often see them now..i was happy to land a few even thou they are so hard to handle with the spikes all along them.

Next trip is Friday and if the weather is kind i am going to try some 17 milers since the inshore wrecks either fished out or the fish cant get on them for all the lost traces
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

poor by your standards richie all the same sommit for the pot
        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Good effort though Rich, but like you say, rather quiet. We had a horse mackerel the other day, never seen one for years.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
          X