Stingray 4/09/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 4/09/2013

Booked a day off work after looking at the weekends weather as not expecting to make it out with that strong East showing, a fix was required. Met up with Chris and Graham as per normal and by 5.50am we had cleared the clock gates and heading out to sea.

I decided to hit a few of the old fav wrecks then work my way to some i have never fished before or only fished the once.

First 2 hours of the day great flat sea, sun out little wind and a nice drift speed, we picked up a couple of cod, a couple of ling and a pollack along with the normal whiting and mackerel but nothing over 5lb. By 11am i was moving onto the wrecks that i had not tried before and heading straight into a 15mph south wind and building sea...not good.

The sea got up the drift went 1.7knots and the fishing went dead, i tried a further 6 wrecks but only landed 1 more size pollack and 1 more ling. So in short bad decision to try new marks and the weather killed the rest but when the conditions let us fish we caught fish so the wrecks still holding fish.

Fingers crossed for the weekend...running out of days to fish...17 possible fishing days left for me in 2013....its flown over.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Stingray

Once Again A Very BIG Thank You To Richy For The Invitation To Fish On board Stingray, My Tenth Trip Out Ten Trips Its September What's Happened It Should Be Double That And Then Some, Still Plenty Of Time For A Few More Trips And Some "Lovely Day's Out" Mother Nature Willing That Is.
    Cheer's Richy.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

cheers for today richy. always good to get out in nice weather and catch a few.
      got a nice red glow now!
      just hope ghe forecast changes for the weekend, but not looking promising
      Chris

Comment

Yer its looking a stinker, i text you when i know but i am pitching it at 20/80 that the wrecks wont be seeing a line from us this weekend.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

At least you still had a few fish to show lads.

Hopefully better luck next time.
          Tight lines
          Davy

Comment

Shame about the lack of fish but I know where most of us would rather be on a warm sunny day, catching or not
            PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

You gota be in it to win it !You right about the poor forecast for the weekend ............doh
              Cheers Bert

Comment

A few fish and a few new wrecks plotted. That’s a good way to spend a day off work Richy, even if it was slow by your standards.

Well done for the deep blue trip, the fishing made the steaming time worth it.

Comment

Well done Rich.
                  Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Good try though Rich, like you say, the summer has flown over, starting to cool down as well and the nights cutting in Next season's a long long way off.
                    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                    X