The Cowpen Queen 20/09/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cowpen Queen 20/09/13

With the last two weekends being void of fishing due to Puffing and panting around the Great North Run and Mickeys stag Doo in Dusseldorf it was off solo for me yesterday to get some fishing in.
    I didn't clear the piers until after half ten due to my car being goosed and having to do the school run in the Mrs' car before getting off.
    Stopped at the Dirty wreck and the sea was snotty and a super fast drift to accompany it with filthy water.
    I considered going straight back in but thought I would try and clear the dirty water to see if there was anything there, I was pleased i did! I ended up with 11 cod, biggest about 6 1/2lb, a pollock and as many mackerel as you could ever want! I kept six of the cod and put the others back.
    Back in the marina for half one before a good wash down and picking the kids up from school!
    Sorry for the lack of photos on this one but it was fairly lumpy and I haven't mastered the timer settings yet!

Graham.

Great report Graham , how far out were you before the water cleared

Comment

Nice one Graham, i thought that was you on a 6 mile wreck, we where 1 mile further south but could not tell for sure. You missed nothing in the afternoon, the wind direction turned and the drift went from 0.7 upto 2.4 in 10mins....unfishable after that.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice one Graham, great report and excellent catch.
        We were out today (Saturday) but I'l leave the report to Tony he makes such a grand job of it.
        One thing I just have to say though .... wait for the sunrise pictures, truly amazing this morning.

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice report and result Graham, that's a good catch rate.

Comment

Good result mate, (unlike the toon)nice to see the fish are still about.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

That was me Richie, I didn't fancy venturing further being solo and the sea being a bit snotty, the fish went off at slack water anyway where I was!
              That will change tomorrow though! Over the horizon we go!

Graham.

Comment

Working...
              X