The Jester "D" 21.09.2013...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jester "D" 21.09.2013...

Its been a bit of a stressfull week this week, sorting out stuff to go self employed with my son, van buying, insurances etc, so a bit chilling out time was needed...

A phone call to Deano at 2.15 asking if he fancied a look out for a couple of hours ( daft question) resulted in him rushing round Asda to get back and ready for me to pick him up

3.00 headed out between the piers into an unexpected snotty sea.

There was a few boats out so i decided to go further out away from the traffic to a wreck i havnt fished for about 4 years around the 9 mile mark...

Deano put some daylights on to catch some macky for ling bait, while i decided to go straight for a cod, soon as i hit the bottom on the first drop i got a take and what a take it was, fought right to the surface and had me paggered, tipped the scales at 21 lb a personal best cod and boat record...

When we saw colour about 15 feet down Deano kept saying..... its a twenty that......its a twenty that..........and as usual he was right....

After the quickest gear change i've ever seen by Deano the cod rig was on and it was back round for the second drift......Deano's turn this time and he landed one 11 lb .....2 doubles in 2 drifts.........next drift a Pollock around 5 lb for Deano again......

Then the wind picked up and the white horses showed up along with a quick drift i managed to land another Pollock about 2 lb which was released to fight another day...

So it was a canny couple of hours out, pleased with the way the boat handled in the chop and was stable on the drift as well.........Happy Days...

That's a clonking fish mate well done

A toppa few hours out for you boys.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Awesome Chris - well done mate!!
      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

Comment

Fantastic Chris. I’d have been happy with the 11pounder but to almost double that with your fish is outstanding, well done.

Comment

What a cracker Chris, first drop too! Well done, you looked suitably chuffed.

I like that smock by the way, I just bought 3 off Ebay.
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Well done SIR JESTER,looks even better in the flesh. And well done DEANO. See you tommorow mate

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
              What a cracker Chris, first drop too! Well done, you looked suitably chuffed.

I like that smock by the way, I just bought 3 off Ebay.
              In shocking pink to match the crocks...i imagine....

Comment

they are the best type of trips, cracking fish Chris
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by endeavor16 View Post
                  Well done SIR JESTER,looks even better in the flesh. And well done DEANO. See you tommorow mate
                  You had a good day as well Allan.......see you tmoro for a coffee and chat..

Comment

Well done Chris and Deano fantastic catch .....

norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                      In shocking pink to match the crocks...i imagine....
                      I'm afraid they don't seem to do pink in manly smocks, had to settle for green, blue and black and white stripes.
                      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Another mint day mate thanks again for the invite the big fish just keep coming and coming lol in still kicking myself for messing about with macky while you pull that lunker up but was mint to see couldn't ask for much more than that well apart from the wind picking up wont forget that trip for a long time thanks again mate for everything it was spot on
                        Cod machine

Comment

Big Well Done lads

Two crackin fish, that 21 lb'er will take some beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
                            Big Well Done lads

Two crackin fish, that 21 lb'er will take some beating.
                            Deano says he will beat it next time out..

Well done on your catch as well Martin, it was a good day for all off Seaham today...

Comment

What a cracking fish chris, shame that wind and drift picked up and cut it short! Mind you would be some trip out to beat that on your first drop! I started on the 4/5 mile wrecks today, couldn't find any fish so came in close at Souter, had a couple of keepers around 3lb and plenty of tommies...... Should have gone further out! Well done on the fish mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X