Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 21/09/13

First Slinky report in aaaages

I’ve been working away in Croydon for the last 7 weeks and couple that with the weekend weather of late it seems like an eternity since last a report was posted by crew and/or indeed the skipper!

With autumn looming and the days getting shorter it was a veritable lie in meet up time of 0600 at the RQ

Both of us feeling rusty after the seemingly long layoff between trips we did the ropes etc and cruised around to the lock…Wow what a sky! The colours were amazing!

After the fuel up we headed up the river to be met by yet again another breath-taking glimpse of nature’s glory! The sky was a deep red and the reflection on the water seemed to make it endless!

So out beyond the piers to a lovely sea a light breeze that still had the faintest hint of summer we headed to the wrecks. Expectations, fish wise, were relatively low…we are essentially coming to the end of most peoples season after all…but as ever it’s great just getting out and having a bit of craic on Slinky and generally chewing the cud after a week running the rat race

We pottered here – we pottered there…not for much in truth but the weather was fair and our moods were high. But we did end up with a handful of fish and 5 different species at that:

Coalie
    Whitie
    Cod
    Mackerel
    Pollack

Best fish of the day was catching the 5lb Pollack…scrapped like buggery and frightened the life out of me all the way up as the hooks/lures I was using were tiny!!!

A fantastic fillip after the drudge of the working week and great to get out again and catch a few fish

A few pics of the day:

Cheers as ever Norm!

Thanks for reading

Tony
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Love that sunrise, great photo. Looks like a good day out.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Nice one Tone ..... Great day ! cheers,

just to add to the pics, here's another one (or two)

astounding colour .....

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done Tony and Norman, those Slinky shads are still working their magic.

Comment

Nice1 you two, seemed a better than forecast day today...long may it last with the finsih line so close now.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great stuff Tony and Norm and those pics are fantastic best sunrise pics from you yet....

Tony.....do they not sell razor blades in Croyden....

Comment

Well done lads , top class pics

Comment

Great report Tony, pics are superb, and your Norm. Well done lads.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Nice to see a report at long last worth the wait though. Well done
                  PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Well done Norman.
                    ps my wife is keen photographer and she sends some of her snaps into weatherpics@itv.com
                    She has had quite a few on tele and so has sless who in on forum. Sunrise pics brilliant u should e-mail some in. Large size . ps I have had a few on as well.
                    mick.
                    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Amazing sunrise with a fe fish to boot, it can't be bad!

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                      X