Maggie May 250207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggie May 250207

All in all a quite reasonable day,warmish dryish and a quite fishable sea.Set off about 0800 and went about a mile ish from the piers at H/pool,a coupla whitey were taken then nowt for an hour or so.
    Bait was squid,rag,crab,sandeel,pipefish and and pirks jiggers and rippers.
    Went from there to a wreck near the shipping lane,nowt,then to some spoil mark again a coupla whitey taken on squid and rag.Came back in on the ebb not far off where we started then it happened 1 lad changed down in hook size to a flounder size hook, loaded it up with rag and tipped it with macky,result 9lb cod.
    Then we were hit by more whitey,and another lad put a baited pirk over,with 2 macky fillets,result 13 lb cod,which when gutted gave up a half digested flattie a whitey and a filletted macky that had just been hoyed owa board,it still looked half frozen.Oh and a lump of wood,it looked like.Then back to whitey again.
    A reasonable,not fantastic trip,but good enough to whet the appetite.
    Maggie May is a good boat,the lads I took were well impressed with her.

Nice one tooly, there's a pic of the lad with the 13lber next door on ANE
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Yeah it's the biggest I've seen off the Pool for a few yrs.Well biggest two with the 9lber as well

Comment

Nice one mate ,sounds a canny day .
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Pleased you's got out Tat,nice report mate
          Cheers Alan...

Comment

excellent mate, great to here there`s a few being caught so early in the season.....
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

maggie may

Is Maggie May painted yellow. If so i may have seen you off the heugh.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

There were a few boats off the heugh but I cant remember any yellow her.

Comment

Maggie May

Come to think about it the boat was orange.

Me and my mate are going to book some trips on a boat when the weather picks up.
                  Am i right in thinking the later towards the end of Spring and the start of Summer the better.
                  We both went out last year on a cobble from Seaham. We basically had a brilliant day with Tom and his couple of mates. We fished for a while then the pots came up and we went on like this for a good morning out. Caught about ten Codling no massive fish but good fun and eatable.
                  Also got a couple of crabs. One was that big i could,nt get it into the biggest pan in our house.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like her.Looks brand new.I think she's only about a year old.Well John's only had her a year might be better.

Comment

im a member now lol so i can post a month later i enjoyed the day with my whities, nice to see that cod just come up through the water right next to me like. pity i found out the hard way that you have to take your kwell in the middle of the day even if you feel fine lol
                      "all right jack, we're here, ready to fish?" "Yeah!" "wheres the rods?" "eeerrrmmm..."

Comment

Working...
                      X