Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 29-4-07

With Steve as crew,

Well it was a one of those shall we shouldn`t we type of days, after hearing of the awful seas the previous day (saturday) I was a bit unsure so took a long hard look out at the sea on the way to marina. Stopped at blyth ,for a look. Stopped at St. Marys, for a look. Stopped at Tynemouth , for a look and even had a look at the river from the quayside, each time with a view to phoning Steve and cancelling before he`d driven all the way down here ...... lol but I didn`t .................

Had the idea that as usual the wind would worsen as the day got on so decided to start out at 6.30am to get a bit fishing done before the easterly got up and drove us back.
    Met steve (a little worse for wear from the early start coupled with a late finish the previous night) promptly at 6.30 am and set out down the river.
    It wasn`t looking good as we got to the groyn with waves hitting us head on forcing me to slow the revs.
    Kept on through it and emerged between the piers with the thought that if only we could make it past the worst tidal flow then it would ease ..... . We were oh so close to a turn around when we saw the way ahead looked just a little better so kept straight on.
    The views at this point in time were fish an hour or so but keep a watch on the wind and expect a rough ride back in. How wrong we were , steadily (after a short trip to St Marys) for the next couple of hours the wind eased, the cold warmed and the sea flattened.
    Then all of a sudden we warmed up big style with the emergenge of the first fish of the day ............ a 10lb 4oz Cod ... cracking

Spent the next few hours moving around various points we know hold fish at st marys to end up with 9 cod/codling most in the 3lb range but a few bigger and the best a 10lb. Lots of scotchies all put back and a couple of small codling also put back.

Great morning out , once again .... roll on next weekend.

A couple of pics of the day :-

Great Day with 18 good fillets to take home between us

ps - by the way, the fillets on steves fish above are still swimming happily around the rocks at St Marys

Last edited by Norman; 29-04-2007, 06:17 PM. Reason: steves fillets
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

As per usual Norman an excellent report mate with some very nice fish to add pleased it paid off mate ..ower the moon for you both

Comment

Great Stuff lads, crackin fish Norman fantastic start to the season a doubler already!!!
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great report Norman, well done on getting out there. Great start to the season for you with that Cod mate, well done.

Jim.
        Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

i well done norman , never had a double myself, we braved it yesterday, 3 codling 2 at 2ld 1 at just under 3ld, 2wrasse 1 1/2ld and a 1ld returned also 1 scotchie returned, very lumpy but still we had 4 other boats around us , anchored down but sea still strong enough to snap the trip twice over,
          i was still on the sea when watching the telly last night, oh and i got a bollicking of some yachter, 5.30 sat morn telling us that theres people trying to sleep , didnt realise it was a caravan site also ,youve got to bite your tongue sometimes

cheers
          glen

cheers

glen
          clingons on the starboard side

Comment

haha glen, nah don`t bite it , let em have it LOL

Aye great start, as steve kept reminding me, and a bonus as it was weighed back at the marina and starts off this years leaderboard, official weight 10lbd 4oz , roll on that prize of tank fulls of diesel (unless of course theres a bigger one , (and there always is)
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Keith

ps well done to the team mate, look forward to thrashing yous next season ............... (again ) ... not wanting to go off topic of course
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Cheers Norman, hopefully with Quinn & Co at the club we'll stay longer then a season.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

aye, good luck mate ................... ps great game friday
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Cracking report and pictures Norman/Steve,pleased you's got out
                    Cheers Alan...

Comment

First double of many err Norman. You tried Souter this year are just stuck North?
                      ................__................................ .............................
                      ____[ ~ \_____
                      [__On-A-Roll__/
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      P.B
                      SKATE 204lb
                      COD 51lb
                      LING 32lb
                      TOPE 40lb
                      CONGER 25lb
                      HADDOCK 10lb
                      HALIBUT 37lb
                      COALIE 16lb
                      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great day Norman ,cheers and well done on the doubler .... again lol.
                        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

slinky kate sun 29th

Great report Norman I rang Steve from Roker Pier . for news . Sure beats my 1 grannie fish & 1 flounder . might invite meself to Steves this week for a fish supper ( well shy bairns get no sweets ) seriously tho great to hear someones catching

Comment

Working...
                          X