Shady 05/05/2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady 05/05/2007

Just Bert & me on Shady this morning, I picked Bert just after 5.0am and after a few boat checks we were out and fishing the same spot off the pier as last weekend by 5.30am. Bert was fishing with lures baited with ragworn & squid & I opted for the trusty flowing trace with fresh crab, bulked with some mushy ragworm & tipped off with squid and the codlings were going daft for it.

catch at 6.03am

When the score got to 7-1 (sorry I had to get that in, it doesn't happen too often ) Bert switched to using crab and soon started catch fish after fish.

catch at 7.0am

About 7.30am we were joined by John & his mate on Phoenix, then Norman & Steve on Slinky and both boats landed a codlings, before heading off towards St Marys.

Thanks (yet again) for the beer & wine Norman, you'll be bringing a cheese board next

The codlings kept coming at a steady pace and we ended up with 28, about half a dozen around the 5lb mark and one or two up to 6-7lb.

Absolutlely fantastic mornings fishing, great company & great weather (apart from a stray bucket of sea water ) - what more could you ask for - CHEERS! Bert
    Last edited by KeithB; 05-05-2007, 07:14 PM.
    Cheers, Keith.

Nice one Keith & bert

excellent day once again, we ended up with a nice bag too (as i`m sure I`ll get round to posting soon) . Looks like this could be a bumper season if things progress from here.
    Usually this is the time for the first fish not the big bags and big fish as we`re seeing here

well done mates, (i thought you`d appreciate the wine keith)
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

LA LA LA LA I'm not listening!!!

sounds terrible, just imagine how much more fun I had than you lot, dragging (being dragged by) the family around the shops
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Nice catch lads, well done.

Comment

Nice one lads, sounds like a great morning.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Nice one ,good to see you as usual .
            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

nice catch keith and bert, well done m8

cheers
              mark

Comment

Well done Keith and Bert
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

Well done lads excellent result

Comment

Well as keith says they were going mad for the crab and he was the only one with "Devon peelers" and you needed a 2lb hammer to get there jackets off !! i tried the worm and squid tactics with no results
                    We fished some secret little wrecks about 1/2 a mile of the tyne entrance
                    location XX didnt have to go far at all
                    Seen Glen in his boat heading north early on and gave him a shout on the radio to say get ya sell ova here but there was no reply
                    A good result today just about paid back all the favours of " Just get me a few fillets " for every one who has helped us over the last few weeks

Well done to Keith for pulling his weight in the fish catching stakes(about time )
                    The weather played out-the boat behaved its self-and the cod played out WHAT MORE COULD A BLOKE WANT ??answers on a post card please lol
                    roll on next week hope the fish stick about for a little while longer
                    cheers
                    Cheers Bert

Comment

Will I need a wet suit next week?
                      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

well didnt yous do well

great day out that lads

sless

Comment

Well done lads, thats a cracking mornings fishing.

Comment

well done lads, great report.

Comment

i bert, woul have missed that call , you cannit hear a f****ng thing when travelling in the boat , i we seen yas oot there , but to call out o see yas would have put another ooer on the journey to the cans , what channel does yez use , just for future,

cheers
                              glen
                              clingons on the starboard side

Comment

Working...
                              X